Discussions not related to turkey hunting and clean humor
mark hay

Peppi LePeu

Postby mark hay » February 8th, 2011, 11:11 am

How would YOU remove a skunk from a live trap without settin' off the bomb?[:D]

Turkeybuster

RE: Peppi LePeu

Postby Turkeybuster » February 8th, 2011, 3:06 pm

Cover the trap with a blanket wait a few minutes then gently raise the blanket enough to open the door. You can also relocate the trap once the blanket is in place if necessary.
Do it quietly and gently as not to alarm the critter.

Jon
Turkeybuster

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » February 8th, 2011, 3:55 pm

My suggestion is to use a .22 cal on him and hit him in the head. I wouldn't take any chances.
Is it turkey season yet?

mark hay

Postby mark hay » February 10th, 2011, 9:53 am

I was hoping for a lot more advice . Not that I don't appreciate the advice given . Guess I figured there would be someone from Georgia that would have something unique to offer .[8|][8|]

Actually I dispatched the 'NUISANCE'' stinkpot without draining the scent gland . Also , I have seen them shot in the head and still unload . However , I shot one several years back that was living under Momma's shed . I used a 3'' , 2 ounce load of 6's from a tight shooting Winchester turkey gun ,,,at about 18 steps ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you ever try to pick up a water filled balloon with a round nosed shovel ? It ain't easy . This recent trespasser took a 40 gr. V-max in behind the ribs at an angle ,,,,from 20 steps . It was almost as bad as the other one . Innards turned to soup . NO STINK ! Momma was happy with the end result.

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » February 10th, 2011, 1:37 pm

AWESOME!

Jon
Turkeybuster

Return to Off Topic