Conclusion: They are Coming...Not They Aren't

In this interactive feature, Editor Brian Lovett shares a scenario from his 20+ years of turkey hunting, asking "What would you do?"
TRapper

Conclusion: They are Coming...Not They Aren't

Postby TRapper » April 23rd, 2013, 10:02 am

We pulled into the field driveway at the opposite end of the timber and ran at em fast and scared em back into the timber, all 15 or so of em. 5 toms with 10 or so hens, they got up on the ridge and we circled back to the front of the ditch we were hunting, got set up around the corner of the ridge and waited about 10 minutes. this was 8:25 a.m. by that time, i used hs strut mouth call lil strut and yelped with excited cutting and they responded on top of the ridge, at 8:35 a.m. they were at the bottom of the ridge 50 yards from us, all 5 coming with strutter in the back. john was sitting where he was on the first bird at 35 yards and i was facing the opposite way, i had my head turned looking at them and calling softly getting em to fire up every time just for fun, then i seen he had his shot and said Kill Him, and Boom, first turkey down, i then wheeled around quickly for a man of my size (cramped my left leg), held the new england 12 gauge single shot 3.5" turkey load #4 Ficcio on the neck of the second tom shocked and standing still at 45 yards and BOOM, second turkey down, the others just scattered. was a great hunt

Joshua "TRapper" Jones
Dream Sportsman Trips at Dream Prices
http://trapperstravel.roviadreams.com/d ... /tripslist

kygobbler

Re: Conclusion: They are Coming...Not They Aren't

Postby kygobbler » April 24th, 2013, 8:57 pm

Congrats to you and your buddy on getting a double.
Is it turkey season yet?

Gobblerman

Re: Conclusion: They are Coming...Not They Aren't

Postby Gobblerman » May 6th, 2013, 10:14 pm

Interesting and innovative strategy, TRapper. Well done! Can't say that your move would have been my first choice,...or a choice at all, but hey,...it worked for you both. Congrats!

Return to Decision Time