weather question

Ask questions of and offer advice to fellow turkey hunters
shanewr2

weather question

Postby shanewr2 » April 22nd, 2013, 4:34 pm

Hi im new to turkey hunting, I have located where some birds are at and was going to try my luck tomorrow morning at calling one in. How ever it is suppose to snow some through the night where and be cold the next couple days. Will this make it harder and what kind of weather is ideal for calling in gobblers?

maineute

Re: weather question

Postby maineute » April 22nd, 2013, 6:17 pm

I like a nice crisp morning with no wind and no cloud cover. That being said, you have to make hay while the sun shines... if I have the day to hunt, I hunt. I have shot most in good weather but I have shot birds in the rain and on windy days. You may have to call a little louder or change your tactics a little. Goblers have one thing on their mind this time of year and they are going to get it no matter the weather. The weather has never stopped me from trying to get what I want.

Gopherlongbeards

Re: weather question

Postby Gopherlongbeards » April 22nd, 2013, 6:30 pm

The birds are out there regardless. Have killed gobblers on warm sunny days, during a blizzard, and everywhere in between. It's certainly more comfortable on the nice days, but we've yet to have one of those this year...

Return to Strategies