Anybody heard from Mark Hay?

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
Cut N Run

Anybody heard from Mark Hay?

Postby Cut N Run » April 17th, 2013, 8:14 pm

I remembered Mark doing a drive by here some months back. Has anybody heard from Mark or Ms. Linda lately? Tell him I'm asking about him if you know him.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

rbewilson

Re: Anybody heard from Mark Hay?

Postby rbewilson » April 17th, 2013, 8:27 pm

Man,I miss him being on here with us

retranger

Postby retranger » April 18th, 2013, 7:29 am

Seems like a lot of folks are leaving the site this year. Doesn't seem to be many other than the pro staffers on any more. I really enjoyed hearing from other folks from around the country. Spent some time down south this winter and Jim when I drove through the NC and SC and saw the clear cuts I would wonder if it might of been one of your sites.
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » April 19th, 2013, 2:22 pm

I enjoyed hearing from others around the country and their turkey hunting tales. I suspect losing the magazine cut traffic down here quite a bit. The facebook site may have diverted others there rather than having them join up here. Who knows?

It depends where you drove through NC if it was land I have rights to or not. If you came down U.S. 1 through Chatham County, then you definitely went right past a piece of land I hunt. Some of it was newly selective cut, though most is in second or third growth timber. If you came down I-85 or I-40 through Durham, Orange, or Granville Counties, I can barely hear vehicles pass on the highway off in the distance from where I hunt, but you couldn't see the land. Otherwise, you'd have had to have been on backroads to get near where I hunt. I can sometimes hear 'em running practice laps at the Orange County Speedway from one of my spots, but you almost have to be lost to find that place.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

dewey

Postby dewey » April 19th, 2013, 3:46 pm

retranger wrote:Doesn't seem to be many other than the pro staffers on any more. I really enjoyed hearing from other folks from around the country.

There are a few Prostaffers that post on here...such as Bobby Parks, Treerooster, WRC, TurkeyJohn, Grizzly (wayne), Fan Club, Shaman and a few others I am sure I am missing but there are quite a few Pro Staffers that haven't posted in a while.

Here is a link to a bunch of Pro Staffer bio's we have and you can look to see how many names you recognize.
http://www.turkeyandturkeyhunting.com/prostaff

Hearing from turkey hunters around the country is what I like the most.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » April 19th, 2013, 8:30 pm

I thought someone on here lived closed to Mark, am I wrong?

I hope he shows back up pretty soon. I always liked reading his stories. Has anyone tried pm'ing him?
Is it turkey season yet?

ylpnfol

Postby ylpnfol » April 19th, 2013, 8:40 pm

I have to agree that the traffic on this sight, ain't what it used to be, it does seem to have something to do with the mag folding, tho I don't know why, the turkeys didn't go away, and we all still love to hunt them, but this site isn't the same, hell, I think team 6 in the contest hasn't posted anything in almost a month..... :(
David

You never know, unless you go

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » April 19th, 2013, 11:48 pm

It seems like we've lost quit a few people on the forum, there are a few posting but no where near what we used to have. I think with the T&TH mag folding up and with the site problems we were having at about the same time, people figured everything shut down? We need to promote it as much as we can to get our forum membership back up and keep everything running smooth?
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

onpoint

Postby onpoint » April 20th, 2013, 9:53 am

Ditto on Scotts post. I had a lot of trouble posting recently on my Black Turkey story. The site would "drag" when I tried to type in my info for the story. When I tried to view my uploaded pick before submitting, it wouldn't let me return to my post area. Guess it got tired of my "ramblin' :lol: My wife says I talk too much. Pretty bad critique comin' from a woman :o ! I still can't post things from my smart phone and I've tried everything in the book. Hope we all hang in there!
"Chasin' gobblers has a lot in common with dealing with a wife, 'bout the time ya' think ya' got 'em figured out, they change the rules!!!"

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » April 20th, 2013, 8:33 pm

Onpoint, I just got me a smartphone, more like a dumb phone because of the user :D , but Im able to post a message. When I go to post a pic it tells me that the image is invalid. I dont understand what I did to cause this because the first time I tried doing a pic it worked and now it wont.

Does anybody now how or what I need to do to fix this error?
Is it turkey season yet?

Next

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion