The countdown

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
kygobbler

Re: The countdown

Postby kygobbler » April 11th, 2013, 12:04 am

Good luck to you Dewey. My opening day is Saturday and it isnt getting here fast enough.
Is it turkey season yet?

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » April 11th, 2013, 7:16 am

Good luck Dewey & everybody who gets to go at 'em this weekend. Our season opens Saturday morning too. I'm ready to roll. I'm also tired of going through my vest checking & rechecking everything in it. Just burning off nervous energy I guess. I've been getting up early for the past 10 days to be used to watching the day break.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

Gopherlongbeards

Postby Gopherlongbeards » April 11th, 2013, 9:23 am

Well due to all the recent snow (they got a fresh 24"+ in Spearfish with more at altitude) and poor travel conditions I've pushed my opener back a week. I don't typically mind the weather, but all that snow along with the complete mess it's going to make of the forest roads as it melts this week made it a pretty easy decision to wait until next Friday to head out to the Hills. So, the countdown goes from 1 back to 8 :(

Jellyhead

Postby Jellyhead » April 13th, 2013, 9:50 am

Connecticut opens April 24th, only 12 more days to go.

New York opens May 1, and I'm looking forward to getting out with my upstate buddies for the 3rd and 4th.

Interesting Ct. statistics from last Spring: 8,615 turkey permits were issued (mostly on combo licences) and 1,364 birds were harvested.

dewey

Postby dewey » April 16th, 2013, 9:24 pm

Jellyhead wrote:Connecticut opens April 24th, only 12 more days to go.

New York opens May 1, and I'm looking forward to getting out with my upstate buddies for the 3rd and 4th.

Interesting Ct. statistics from last Spring: 8,615 turkey permits were issued (mostly on combo licences) and 1,364 birds were harvested.

Only about 14% or so that is a low harvest number.

With my season in Kansas over I am now looking forward to my Minnesota season which starts May 3rd.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

hootowl

Postby hootowl » April 17th, 2013, 3:32 pm

Indiana Here, and we have 7 days, and I am ready, wish Now I would of went down to our Farm In Ky, I have got the Itch and I need to get to the woods, and watch the Sun Rise, and Toms Gobbling. Best of Luck to you all still Waiting, and to you all that are hunting Bah on you....Be Safe My Brothers

Hootowl.

notsure

Postby notsure » April 17th, 2013, 10:21 pm

Hi all, first timer here...

I live in S.E. MN, and although I didn't draw a permit for the Spring turkey hunt, I did manage to purchase one of the extra Season B tags. So, come April 22nd, I will be heading out to the turkey woods...well, wood-lined tilled fields anyway!

Have fun, be safe and good luck!

Gopherlongbeards

Postby Gopherlongbeards » April 18th, 2013, 12:18 am

Welcome to the forum! what part of SE MN? We hunt down there every spring, drew tags for 4th season this year.

eddie234

Postby eddie234 » April 18th, 2013, 9:29 am

our season opens in three days and a wake up, however I've got six days and a wake up. I hate work!!!!
Twitter: @edvogler

Gopherlongbeards

Postby Gopherlongbeards » April 18th, 2013, 8:30 pm

Well after talking with my hunting buddies in Rapid City I decided to postpone my Black Hills trip for the second time this year. Still is a ton of snow at altitude and everything is an absolute mess out there right now. Now I'll be heading out May 9-12, which is the time frame i usually go out there. As mild as last year and earlier this winter was out there I thought I'd give an April hunt a try. This has been a good reminder of why I have found May to be a much better option in the past. Luckily my 3rd season WI hunt starts next Wednesday, so my countdown goes back up to 5 instead of having to wait 3 more weeks for the hills ;)

PreviousNext

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion