Gonna have a 'here we go'......

Introduce yourself to the forum. Say hello and give a bit about why you love turkey hunting.
Backlash

Gonna have a 'here we go'......

Postby Backlash » April 12th, 2013, 10:20 am

As a new guy, I though I'd say hello from the coastal Maryland. I've taken some turkeys but only as a target of opportunity or patterning them and getting in their way. I hunt mostly here on coastal sand flats where a big hill is not even as high as your waist but the ditches can be pretty deep. Lots of swampy, pine and mixed hardwood type cover and, of coarse, great big agricultural fields here. I've primarily been a bird hunter (quail and w'cock and the occasional waterfowl) and have decided to fight the chiggers, ticks, and skeeters to try and call a couple of gobblers to the gun this spring. Our season opens on the 18th and I have two groups scouted to start out but will scout again in earnest this week as our opener approaches. Hopefully I can find two or three more spots that hold accessible birds. I'm looking forward to learning from the birds and any tips from those of you hunting the flat coastal flood plains are always welcome! Here we go...

Tommy

"Jesus saved souls with The Truth, and caught fish with a gillnet"

kygobbler

Re: Gonna have a 'here we go'......

Postby kygobbler » April 12th, 2013, 12:00 pm

Welcome to the forum backlash. I hope your opener is a successfull one.

Steve_In

Postby Steve_In » April 12th, 2013, 3:47 pm

Welcome Backlash. Do a search for Permethrin (SP??) It will help with the ticks and chiggers. Good luck and stick with it.
Steve, I love "smoked" turkey

Backlash

Postby Backlash » April 13th, 2013, 6:50 am

Thanks Steve, because of the amount of ticks here, everyone is very familiar with premetherin. I also have a thermacell for the skeeters and no-see-ums so I'm all sorted there. Question for you folks; I was going to subscribe to T &TH but a thread here says it is no longer being published yet I see the ads on the home page still selling subscriptions. According to the referenced thread, I would receive D&DH instead of T&TH for my money. I certainly don't want that magazine. What is up with the bait and switch?

Steve_In

Postby Steve_In » April 13th, 2013, 7:21 am

It is true, sadly. I haven't checked out the form.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=18571
Steve, I love "smoked" turkey

retranger

Postby retranger » May 13th, 2013, 7:31 am

Yea its true,,,,,sadly. :( If I had wanted D & DH I would not have subscribed to T&TH :oops:
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

Return to New Members of the Forum