Anybody from NC got one tied to a tree?

Cut N Run

Anybody from NC got one tied to a tree?

Postby Cut N Run » April 10th, 2013, 9:26 pm

How about you? Got one tied to a tree for Opening Day?

Have you been seeing gobblers regularly enough that you have a place set to go after 'em on opening day? I'm feeling fairly confident that I'll be in a good location to at least see some turkeys. I hope they're interested enough in my calling that they'll come in range. The turkeys have been using last year's bean field to scratch and as a gathering place. It is high ground with nearby water and there must be enough of something to eat there because they seem to automatically gravitate there in the mornings. I've seen them there each morning for the past 5 trips to that land. I'm hoping nothing changes their routine before Saturday. I'm 100% positive that turkeys are going to die at a couple of my places. The question is which one of us will get the shots?

Good luck all you North Carolina turkey hunters and anyone else who will get to pursue turkeys this weekend.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

ncturkeytalk14

Re: Anybody from NC got one tied to a tree?

Postby ncturkeytalk14 » April 11th, 2013, 6:45 am

We have some that we've been seeing regularly, but like you say i hope and pray they will "answer the call". I went in to all the sporting goods stores and gun shops trying to find anyone who might have a box or 2 of Winchester Xtended Range #5 shells that i could get from them, but with no sucess. While i was in one the other day, the game warden was in there talking to some of the men in the store and i overheard them talking about hunting turkeys in NC and the game warden stated that we did not have enough tags, he stated that we needed two more, and that some hens may even need to be taken out. I wished i lived close to the SC border to hunt some there, with only two birds a season here and 5 a season there. Which i do know that they have more birds than we do. Maybe some day, cause i do remember a time several years ago that you could not even find a turkey anywhere around here.
Good and Safe Hunting

Cut N Run

Re: Anybody from NC got one tied to a tree?

Postby Cut N Run » April 11th, 2013, 7:03 am

Good luck to you this weekend and the rest of the season.

I'm not sure I would know how to act with additional tags. I have considered hunting in Virginia, but haven't found a place to go yet.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

Return to North Carolina