Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
spitten and drummen

Postby spitten and drummen » April 9th, 2013, 12:08 pm

Can some one please tell me how to load a picture for my avatar and also how to post pictures from my iPhone to the forum. Thanks
"don't fire till you see the whites of their eyes boys". Andrew Jackson "old hickory"

kygobbler

Re: Avatar

Postby kygobbler » April 9th, 2013, 12:39 pm

Go to the control panel then pick the profile option. You should see edit avatar on the left hand side.

As far as using an iPhone I don't know. I just stepped up and finally got a smartphone and haven't tried to do a pic yet. So let me see what happens.

IMG_20130408_165635.jpg
IMG_20130408_165635.jpg (413.99 KiB) Viewed 348 times

Scroll down a little and choose the upload attachment. Then pick a pic in your album. When you choose load it will take a minute then you see a option that says place in line. Just click it and it will put it in place. I hope that helps if not Dewey will be able to help.
Is it turkey season yet?

spitten and drummen

Postby spitten and drummen » April 9th, 2013, 12:54 pm

Thanks. Gonna try it
"don't fire till you see the whites of their eyes boys". Andrew Jackson "old hickory"

spitten and drummen

Postby spitten and drummen » April 9th, 2013, 3:03 pm

For some reason it won't load my pictures

spitten and drummen

Postby spitten and drummen » April 9th, 2013, 3:22 pm

Ok this is really aggravating me. I went to control panel, chose edit avatar, chose existing photo I wanted , hit submitt. Acts like loading then stops and no pic. There. Then in red it says must be no more than 150 x 150 pixel and 6.0 total. Can I get input on this. Pulling out my hair

Gopherlongbeards

Postby Gopherlongbeards » April 9th, 2013, 8:49 pm

The pic is probably too big. You need to resize it to those dimensions. Can do it on a PC, not sure about a smartphone.

dewey

Postby dewey » April 9th, 2013, 11:10 pm

Just an FYI to other T&TH forum members that I have been helping S&D out with his avatar/resizing photos and if it wasn't for a mistake on my part it would be done, sorry S&D. If anyone else needs help with their avatar there are a few things that can be done.

1. There is a thread under 'forum rules and help' way at the bottom of the forum titled 'avatar'. In this thread is detailed instructions on how to upload your avatar. In this thread is a link to another thread about how to resize photos which is critical to the whole process.

2. Send me a pm and we can exchange email addresses then you could email the picture to me and I can resize it for you the email it back to you. Then you can upload the avatar to your profile.

3. There is also another option of me getting the picture from you in an email and I then log in as you, under a temp password, then upload your avatar. After that you reset your password and you are in business.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion