Cold front. Ugh!!!

Ask questions of and offer advice to fellow turkey hunters
spitten and drummen

Cold front. Ugh!!!

Postby spitten and drummen » April 4th, 2013, 10:09 pm

The last couple days windy, temps low 40s and periodically rain. Suppose to clear up in the morning but still in low 40s. Gonna try them but gotta feeling they won't be hammering. That's spring in mississippi for you. How's everyone else's weather lately and how's it affecting gobbling?
"don't fire till you see the whites of their eyes boys". Andrew Jackson "old hickory"

Gopherlongbeards

Re: Cold front. Ugh!!!

Postby Gopherlongbeards » April 5th, 2013, 1:26 pm

We still have knee deep snow on the ground in woodlots and north facing slopes......might get some more early next week.....

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » April 5th, 2013, 2:01 pm

40? That sure sounds better than our 30's. Guess it all depends on one's perspective. ;)
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » April 5th, 2013, 11:12 pm

I know what ya boys mean. This temp is killing me is suppost to be around 70 degrees all week down here. :lol:

ylpnfol

Postby ylpnfol » April 7th, 2013, 8:34 am

kygobbler wrote:I know what ya boys mean. This temp is killing me is suppost to be around 70 degrees all week down here. :lol:

but its been a while coming, finally spring is here, hopefully to stay, saturday is it, i've heard a few, gotta pack up my stuff and hit the woods.....haven't heard the forecast for next weekend yet, but it don't matter, we're going rain or shine....best of luck to everyone
David

Unofficial mascot for Team 2
Springtime Assassins

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » April 8th, 2013, 10:11 pm

WI first season starts Wednesday. Coincidentally the weathermen and ladies are saying it is going to start snowing Tuesday night continuing till Saturday with a potential accumulation of 14-18" and just for kicks and giggles some sub zero temps thrown in.
I'm thinking of coming down to Kentucky there and doing some of that 70 degree freezing with you good ole boys...
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » April 8th, 2013, 10:50 pm

I heard the same charlie, it's nuts to have to carry a shovel along out turkey hunting to dig through the snow to find your setup area :lol: . One extream to the next here in WI. Last year we were mowing lawns by this time, this year we are still blowing snow. My 3rd season start keeps looking better n better.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Gopherlongbeards

Postby Gopherlongbeards » April 9th, 2013, 8:38 am

Not looking good for opener in SD this weekend. Already a foot+ of snow on the ground in Spearfish with more expected through Thursday. Under a winter storm watch here in Minneapolis until Thursday afternoon. Might have to see if I can put the trip off a week.... :roll:

spitten and drummen

Postby spitten and drummen » April 9th, 2013, 12:00 pm

Gosh guys sorry about complaining about our weather. I feel bad for you northern guys. Just when it's in the 40s down here in southwest ms. In mid April is unusual and it's affecting our birds like the teens affect y'all's. oh we'll good luck gentlemen
"don't fire till you see the whites of their eyes boys". Andrew Jackson "old hickory"

Gopherlongbeards

Postby Gopherlongbeards » April 9th, 2013, 1:03 pm

Oh don't worry spit'n, We'll be loving it up here come July and August :D

Next

Return to Strategies