HEADING WEST

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
turkey junky

HEADING WEST

Postby turkey junky » April 3rd, 2013, 10:53 am

hey fellas its been a long long winter & wait for turkey season for me up here in MN but its finally here for me!!! im packing & loading gear for my 1st turkey hunts of the 2013 season!!! will be pulling the vehicle out of the drive way at 3:00 a.m. this morning & will be scouting in OK by 4:00-5:00 pm thursday cant wait!!!

will be heading 1st to OKLAHOMA for there 4/6 opener to hunt RIO GRANDES then we will head up to KANSAS & meet my younger cousin for his 1st out of state turkey hunt for the KS 4/10 opener we will be chase n more RIO GRANDES in KS after that it will be the 3rd & final leg of our turkey tour lol we all will head north to chase MERRIAMS on the SOUTH DAKOTA PRAIRIES it will be our 1st turkey hunt in SD ever so everything will be new & exciting come the 4/13 SD turkey opener man i cant wait!!! i am now in full bore watch weather mode looks like we have good weather in OK & KS is iffy but thats always the case in KS if you dont like the weather just wait a hour!!! lol

my major goals are to get my dad his OK rio & to get my cousin his rio & merriams gobblers ill be happy for 1 of the 2 sub species for him but he has a great chance at get n 3 sub species this turkey season as he drew a tag also for our MN 4/22 - 4/26 hunt wear we chase easterns...

wish us luck guys!!! we need it!!! lol & i will be posting pics probably threw DEWEY again lol but i will take some pics & be sure to share how the hunts went for us guys out west!!!

HAPPY SAFE HUNTING TO ALL YOU GUYS THIS SEASON BE SAFE OUT THERE & GOOD LUCK TO YOU GUYS!!!

p.s. hope spring get to MN when im down in OK,KS,SD snow is melting fast & 50s for weather the next day or so here at home so finely spring has arrived in MN!!! not up north in DEWEYS hunting grounds man damn near 18 inches of snow up north hope that melts while im out west...

WillowRidgeCalls

Re: HEADING WEST

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » April 3rd, 2013, 2:28 pm

Good Luck to you TJ, waitin to see some pics.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

dewey

Postby dewey » April 3rd, 2013, 4:18 pm

turkey junky wrote: not up north in DEWEYS hunting grounds man damn near 18 inches of snow up north hope that melts while im out west...

The snow is good if your throwing snowballs and bad if you are my nephews and/or nieces and having said snow balls thrown at you :lol:

Good luck and be safe on the hunting trips TJ. Send me some email updates of how the hunt is going as I will be traveling to KS next Wednesday.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

Gopherlongbeards

Postby Gopherlongbeards » April 3rd, 2013, 7:38 pm

Good luck TJ!, I'm also starting to keep an eye on the weather. Will be joining you out in SD for the April 13 opener.

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » April 6th, 2013, 2:35 am

Good luck TJ. I hope ya can connect on ever gobbler that you call to.
Is it turkey season yet?

misoiltester

Postby misoiltester » April 6th, 2013, 6:17 am

TJ .. have a safe hunt & trip and remember, we're waitin' to see the results ;)
Ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts????

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion