Talk'n Turkey

WillowRidgeCalls

Re: Talk'n Turkey

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » March 30th, 2013, 11:22 pm

Just got back from the TalkNTurkey expo. Randy you did a great job on the show. There was a steady flow of people all day long that came to see the event, The venders enjoyed the people that were there looking over their products, from the ones I talked too. For those of you that missed it, I recommend you making a visit to the next one, it was a very fine show, with a lot of good info. The seminars were informitive and the people enjoyed all of them. I enjoyed it very much, thanks for the invite. :D
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

ticklishtompro

Postby ticklishtompro » March 31st, 2013, 7:57 am

Thanks for coming and speaking Scott. Vic was a hit, and Charlie wasn't to bad either!lol A lot of good feedback when I walked around and talked to all the vendors at the end. Bigger and better things to come!!!

Thanks all
Randy
Ticklish Tom Custom Calls Prostaff
ttcutomcalls.webs.com
Mossy Oak Prostaff
Hips Archery Targets Prostaff
Dixieland Outdoors Prostaff

putt

Postby putt » March 31st, 2013, 8:09 am

I second Scott's note that yesterday's Show was a great experience, Randy. Well done.

It was well worth the hour+ drive down for me, & thanks to the speakers who likely traveled much further. And I highly recommend both the bratwurst & burgers.

Came home with a few more calls, & attended four of the seminars, all first-rate. Two of them on calling tips. Learned more than I thought I would. Thanks to the fellas at Willow Ridge Calls, I now know exactly what to do the next time 3 gobbling toms are competing for my affections from different directions. :D

And of course got to meet Vic. And Charlie. Great talk, you two. The only problem was that Charlie couldn't use the word "turkey" in his talk. He forgot a few times & Vic jumped up ready to go. It was obvious to anyone who loved dogs how much Charlie loves Vic. A bonus was that John Fries of turkeydog.org was also there with his two dogs.

Randy ... we would be very interested in knowing how the young LTH hunters did this season.

ticklishtompro

Postby ticklishtompro » March 31st, 2013, 11:23 am

I posted in the general discussion category. Thanks for coming down Putt, I wish I had been introduced. I was the Avian X decoy guy.
ttcutomcalls.webs.com
Mossy Oak Prostaff

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » April 1st, 2013, 8:34 am

Vic thinks he is a celebrity now and keeps searching for all his new friends and fans. :lol: Heck he even received marriage proposals...
Which of course means there might be some puppies available in the area for next year.

We had a great time, everyone was so friendly and welcoming it made us feel right at home. A heartfelt thank you; you all made it worth the drive.

I heard a lot of good and entertaining stories. The best one concerned an important safety lesson. A couple of hunters setup in a popup blind successfully calling in and shooting a nice tom. After celebrating with the fallen turkey they turned around to see the front of their blind on fire! :o I had no idea a gunshot could ignite the screen on a blind after all most manufacturers advertise the shoot thru feature.

Putt, thanks for bringing up the "boink" you should have stayed a little longer, I was convinced to demonstrate the "boink - bonk" call or whatever name fits it. However, the turkeys that came running over were startled hunters wondering what the heck was that. It even set off a nearby vehicle's alarm system.
Sorry you missed it. Perhaps I'll test out my new camera and microphone then post a short clip on charlie elk blog. ;)
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

Brian Lovett

Postby Brian Lovett » April 1st, 2013, 1:21 pm

What a great event! I really enjoyed it. Randy, thanks for putting this together. Charlie, I really enjoyed meeting you and talking turkey. Scott and Shane, always a pleasure. Hope we can do this again next year.

scoot12

Postby scoot12 » April 1st, 2013, 2:17 pm

Randy, Thanks for putting on event, it was great and I enjoyed talking to vendors and bought a trail cam post from s and s accessories and of course two calls from ticklish tom a walnut slate and a wenge aluminum. He is a great young callmaker. Hopefully next year Scott Hembrook and I can set up a table with some of The WillowRidge killer calls he makes. Thanks again. Scoot

putt

Postby putt » April 1st, 2013, 2:29 pm

ticklishtompro wrote:I posted in the general discussion category. Thanks for coming down Putt, I wish I had been introduced. I was the Avian X decoy guy.
I apologize for not looking you up & telling you what a great show it was, Randy. I really should have. I didn't linger at the Avian booth because I have no need for more decoys. Of course I also had no need for scratchbox calls either, but I came home with 3 of Izzy's. Two will be gifts.

I did look up your post on the LTH results. Mighty happy & proud bunch of kid photos.

charlie elk wrote:Putt, thanks for bringing up the "boink" you should have stayed a little longer, I was convinced to demonstrate the "boink - bonk" call or whatever name fits it.
Sorry I missed the boink demo, Charlie. Hurry up & get it posted on your website, so that I can add it to my limited calling arsenal. The toms up here in NE Wis have never heard that call. It almost won't be fair using it on them. I am glad to hear that I'm not the only guy whose calling sets off car alarms.

Congratulations to Vic on his potential new girlfriends.

ticklishtompro

Postby ticklishtompro » April 1st, 2013, 10:41 pm

Guys I just want to say thanks for the kind words. I would like to hear of things you would all like to see improved on. I was hoping for more vendors and the way it is sounding that will happen next year. Any feedback is appreciated to make it better.

Thank all you guys for coming. And Charlie, we already contacted the breeder, I hope Vic is not having withdrawl from not seeing my wife! She really wanted to sneak him out the back door while you were not looking. Looks like there might be a pup coming this way in June or July!!
ttcutomcalls.webs.com
Mossy Oak Prostaff

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » April 2nd, 2013, 8:14 pm

ticklishpro wrote: And Charlie, we already contacted the breeder, I hope Vic is not having withdrawl from not seeing my wife! She really wanted to sneak him out the back door while you were not looking. Looks like there might be a pup coming this way in June or July!!

:lol: Those two were getting kinda close. Vic is having some "movie star" withdrawals he is trying to figure out where all his fans went.
Vic and I will look forward to meeting your turkey dog next year. Congratulations!
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

Previous

Return to Wisconsin