Team #2 2013 check in and plans

ylpnfol

Re: Team #2 2013 check in and plans

Postby ylpnfol » March 26th, 2013, 7:22 am

not a lot of traffic on here, i guess everbodies gathering firewood to stay warm, mother nature has obviously forgotten that its march and it should be warming up, i'm thinking of gettn out the coldweather deer huntin clothes in case i need 'em on opening day..... 2 weeks and four days to go.....
David

You never know, unless you go

dewey

Postby dewey » March 26th, 2013, 10:39 am

ylpnfol wrote:not a lot of traffic on here, i guess everbodies gathering firewood to stay warm, mother nature has obviously forgotten that its march and it should be warming up, i'm thinking of gettn out the coldweather deer huntin clothes in case i need 'em on opening day..... 2 weeks and four days to go.....

I have been grinding my teeth in anticipation while reading about Morgan taking down turkeys in SC like mosquitos. Two weeks and 1 day and I am on my way to southern Kansas. :D

I will be leaving Minneapolis about 9:00 a.m. after saying goodbye to the wifey and little man that morning. Then I should be in southern Kansas around 6 p.m. on Wednesday April 10th after a 9 hour drive with stops for gas and food only. I hope to get out and hunt for a few hours that night and I will at least be able to tuck the turkeys in that night and then get after them the next morning. I got a motel room booked for $50 per night in a small town about 5-10 miles from where I will be hunting. I plan to bring a coleman tailgating grill with and sometime around noon each day have a BIG lunch so that way if we hear turkeys we can drop everything and go chase them. Then at night get back to the room eat quick, shower and get to sleep.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

ylpnfol

Postby ylpnfol » March 26th, 2013, 5:02 pm

yeah, that boy sure is puttn a dent in the population, but thats a good thing, looks like the population needs a little thinnin out :mrgreen: .....sounds like you have a plan together & the bases covered, hope mother nature is good to ya'll, weatherwise, and that we get some good pictures of that big ole rio.....
David

dewey

Postby dewey » March 28th, 2013, 11:01 am

I bought my license for Kansas this morning and printed it off at work. Getting paid to buy a license and then print it off, AWESOME! I got my Coleman tailgating grill down last night and got it cleaned up and ready to go. I just need to buy a few small propane canisters. 13 days from now until I am heading to the Sunflower state.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

ylpnfol

Postby ylpnfol » March 28th, 2013, 4:31 pm

dewey wrote:Getting paid to buy a license and then print it off, AWESOME!

Dewey

only in america.....and i'm playin around at work too ;)
David

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » March 29th, 2013, 6:46 pm

Dewey I have some propane canisters that you can have just swing by and pick m up. :lol:
Is it turkey season yet?

dewey

Postby dewey » March 29th, 2013, 10:51 pm

kygobbler wrote:Dewey I have some propane canisters that you can have just swing by and pick m up. :lol:

Get your stuff packed and I will distract your wifey for long enough for you to get in the car and go to Kansas for some Rio Grand fun :twisted: . Of course you will probably be in a LOT of trouble on Sunday when I slow down to about 40 to drop you off.

Dewey

       

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » March 30th, 2013, 12:26 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: Thats ok man. Since you put it like that while you keep my wife busy I'll just take off in the car. :lol:
Is it turkey season yet?

ylpnfol

Postby ylpnfol » March 30th, 2013, 10:21 am

kygobbler wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: Thats ok man. Since you put it like that while you keep my wife busy I'll just take off in the car. :lol:

who wears the spurs in that house !!.....[ probably the same one that wears 'em in mine :( ]
David

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » March 30th, 2013, 11:16 am

I tell you what David since I have Dewey's car I will swing your way and pick you up and we can fill his Kansas tags. :lol:
Is it turkey season yet?

PreviousNext

Return to Team 2