rate your season

grizzly

rate your season

Postby grizzly » June 12th, 2011, 10:18 am

ok boys now that season has been closed a couple weeks and you had time to think how would you rate your season as for numbers of toms i can't complain i heard at lease 3 or 4 every time i went out as for the weather the first half was fine but the last half was awfull . i for one would really like to see all day hunting in ny there were a lot of times in the afternoon that i would see toms struting in the feilds so on a scale of 1 to 10 i would give this season a 5 [:D]wayne

Ruttinbull

RE: rate your season

Postby Ruttinbull » June 12th, 2011, 10:23 am

It was a tough year with weather combined with mediocre poult production the last few years. I managed to scratch out my three birds (season limit) but it took extraordinary effort. C- is the best I can give it. D+ might be a better fit. I am hoping for at least an average poult recruitment year.

Randy

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » June 12th, 2011, 6:47 pm

I have to rate this year an A-. On opening day I was successive for myself and getting my 12 yo cousin her first bird. Then I only had time to hunt on 5 to 7 other occassions and was able to work birds everyday and ended up getting my limit of 2 birds. Yes, the weather was nasty for alot of the days but that is a part of it.
Is it turkey season yet?

retranger

Postby retranger » June 13th, 2011, 1:50 pm

My initial thoughts are the season stunk but thinking about it we did fill half our tags. The one bird I am not sure what kind of a hunt you would call it but the second bird had a little excitment in it. I know the birds weren't gobbling like in the past in the area I hunt. I didn't hear,,,,"WOW GREAT SEASON" from anyone, about the only thing I heard was ,,,"where are the birds",,,, Over all I guess I can't complain. As far as a fall season ,,,,, I don't really hunt in the fall,,,,,only turkey hunting will be in conjuction with bow season for deer,,,,if a tom happens by I'll throw an arrow at it. I guess this place will be pretty empty now till maybe Sept for the fall season, everybody getting caught up on their chores.
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

fightingspurs

Postby fightingspurs » June 16th, 2011, 11:02 am

I would have to rate this season a F-  and that is what i rate New york DEC also for being so closed minded and not opening all day hunting well i hope next year will be better.... I will be traveling alot next season for my world slam. I might actually not buy new york tags for next years spring season i will have to wait and see... Now im going to shoot my bow..

Scott
Fightingspurs game calls - GOT BLOOD!!!

Return to New York