Team three check in

Gopherlongbeards

Re: Team three check in

Postby Gopherlongbeards » March 19th, 2013, 8:11 pm

Start April 13th in SD this year, then April 24-30 in WI and May 2-6 in MN. Will probably pick up another tag for each of the final 2 WI seasons.

bcknuts

Postby bcknuts » March 21st, 2013, 7:13 am

I'm starting April third in South Carolina.But as you know 1morgan has a jump on me but that will be short lived.Lol

bcknuts

Postby bcknuts » March 22nd, 2013, 11:36 am

April 3 is almost here I don't think I'm going to make it. Going to be hard.

ads1

Postby ads1 » March 22nd, 2013, 4:59 pm

Just got in from watching a group of turkeys out in a field! Now that's what keeps me going. :D

bcknuts

Postby bcknuts » March 23rd, 2013, 7:40 am

ads1 you got a couple all picked out.maybe with a 10" beard 1 1/4 spers looking a little fat.that need put on a lead diet. :)

ads1

Postby ads1 » March 24th, 2013, 8:03 pm

Don't know if they are that big. I live in a farming community with quite a bit of open land. So I can drive around the block and glass the area and see turkeys sometimes 1/2 mile away. It's not up close and personal but still a thrill. I did walk upon a group of turkeys a couple of weeks ago and they were close enough to shoot. I stood still and watched them for 30 minutes. It has turned cold here again and the turkey activity has slowed down.

Frankinthelaurels

Postby Frankinthelaurels » March 25th, 2013, 7:10 pm

Sorry guys for not posting but I've been real busy over the last three weeks.. let's see, it's in the low 20's in the south central mountains of CAMBRIA co...we got a foot of new snow last night and today..we already had a foot on the ground.. so much for global warming!!! Heading to western Kentucky for two weeks starting on the 12th and then to Ohio for a couple days before our first day.. can't wait...sick of this snow and cold but it should make for an awesome season...I only scouted last sunday and heard a ton and a half of birds but another snow disaster happened since. I only carry one call in the woods and have done so for the past 30 years... hand made cutter type calls...no friction, no decoys, no blinds, no fancy anything... I'd say I'm very very old school..I'm actually a little concerned at how easy they are making my sport these days with all the new toys...here, this will cheer you all up..it's a video, so give it time to load and watch and dream....keep in touch..

ads1

Postby ads1 » March 25th, 2013, 9:52 pm

Great video. Makes the heart beat a little faster!!!! :D

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » March 26th, 2013, 11:01 am

Hey Frank, I noticed in another post that you said you will be at LBL. Have you had much success over there?
Is it turkey season yet?

Frankinthelaurels

Postby Frankinthelaurels » March 26th, 2013, 3:32 pm

YES, I drew the second hunt last year also and got a double beard within an hour on the first day..my wife got one on the second wed...lots of people, the birds are pretty much silent and if your a run and gunner, forget it..patience is needed and I'm not even going out until 10:00 during the week this year.. here's a video from last year

PreviousNext

Return to Team 3