What's you season?

1Morgan

What's you season?

Postby 1Morgan » March 20th, 2013, 4:47 am

I'm in South Carolina, our season (in my game zone) is March 15-May 1. We get 5 spring gobbler tags and can hunt 7 days/week on private land. The most tags I've every used is 2... but that was my fault!! The temps here will be in the mid to upper 80s by the end of the season. We have mosquitoes, snakes, alligators, spiders, and all kinds of fun stuff in our turkey woods.
South Carolina Low Country

timbrhuntr

Re: What's you season?

Postby timbrhuntr » March 20th, 2013, 8:15 am

I'm in Ontario, our season is Apr 25 - May 31. We get 2 spring gobbler tags and I can also hunt 7 days a week. I have been lucky enough to fill both most years. The temps can be in the 80's by the end of the season. We have all of the fun stuff except our snakes (except for one endangered rattler) aren't poisonous and we lack the gators but that"s ok by me.

ticklishtompro

Postby ticklishtompro » March 20th, 2013, 10:02 pm

My first hunt for me is April 24-30 in WI. We have all day hunting and lots of birds. My 2nd tag is for May 15-21. Hopefully another one there and perhaps a 2nd tag for that period. Won't know about that till Saturday when they go on sale again.
Ticklish Tom Custom Calls Prostaff
ttcutomcalls.webs.com
Mossy Oak Prostaff
Hips Archery Targets Prostaff
Dixieland Outdoors Prostaff

turkey junky

Postby turkey junky » March 20th, 2013, 11:54 pm

my home state is minnesota & my season here in MN dose not open till 4/22 - 4/26 good thing i have some out of state hunt planed for early april!!! there is still a load of snow up here & not much is changing in the forecast last yr at this time in MN it was 79 now 7-18 degrees!!!

i will start my turkey season down in OKLAHOMA for there turkey opener hunting RIO GRANDE'S on public land 4/6 - 4/9 with my father then we will head to KANSAS for more RIO GRANDE'S on public land wear we will meet up with my younger cousin also from MN & we will open the KS season 4/10 - 4/12 then we all will head north & hunt a SOUTH DAKOTA prairie unit for the SD opener on 4/13 - 4/17 we then will head back home to MN for our MINNESOTA turkey season 4/22 - 4/26 to hunt EASTERN'S after our MN hunt the next hunt is in early may in WISCONSIN 5/1 - 5/7 to hunt more EASTERN'S & if we have time & $$$ left we will head out to NEBRASKA or back to SOUTH DAKOTA around 5/15 -5/20 i have a buddy who will be heading out to NE for a late may merriams or merriams hybrid hunt & i may catch a ride with him out there & try to get my merriams also i think that will happen 4 sure as our MN season will be way behind this year with the extremely longer winter this year!!!

man when i look at it all written down i have a lot of hunting to do this spring man i love it!!! we will be heading down to OK around 4/4 to get there early & to try to hold down a camp & do a little scouting prior to the season we will be meeting a few friends we met there on the public lands last year to set up camp & have a beer or 2 & catch up on things & see wear we all will be hunting this year...

good luck & safe hunting to all you guys this season & wish me & my father luck we need it lol...

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » March 21st, 2013, 7:07 pm

My season runs April 13th to May 5th and it is 7 days a week. We have the normal pest in the woods that every hunter hates ticks, chiggers, a few snakes, skitters, and freakin black gnats that like to bite. :twisted: I hate gnats there isn't anything worse than trying to aim at a turkey and them things flying all around your head and eyes.
Is it turkey season yet?

eddie234

Postby eddie234 » March 25th, 2013, 5:51 pm

Im in WV and our season runs April 22 to May 25. I to can hunt 7 days a week and can take two birds
Twitter: @edvogler

Return to Team 1