My first sit of the year!

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
ticklishtompro

My first sit of the year!

Postby ticklishtompro » March 18th, 2013, 10:41 pm

Ok, so my first actual hunt will be next week, but I sat for the first time tonight. Snowing and blowing but that didn't stop me. No gobbling, just a couple hens walking around the blind saying things like, "Dad, you need to get a life!"

Hey, they just don't understand!! Although my 11 year old daughter went in the blind and said she thought it was cool.

I am sure I will loose her soon to.
254265_4951502548839_154315834_n.jpg
254265_4951502548839_154315834_n.jpg (64.81 KiB) Viewed 521 times

I got my new blind today and it is a beauty. I recommend you check out Barronett Blinds. Resonable price and huge blinds. This one is the Grounder 350, 80" inside height, 90" hub to hub, and 70" footprint, rated for 3.5 people. Don't know where I will find that .5 person, but hey I'll try!!
And these blinds are made in WI, good deal!
Ticklish Tom Custom Calls Prostaff
ttcutomcalls.webs.com
Mossy Oak Prostaff
Hips Archery Targets Prostaff
Dixieland Outdoors Prostaff

WillowRidgeCalls

Re: My first sit of the year!

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » March 18th, 2013, 11:27 pm

Those are good blinds, used one for the last 3 years. Hopefully this weather breaks and starts to warm up, might need that blind to keep the snow off you this year? Hope the birds start breaking up a little if we get some warm weather, going to be a tough hunt if they don't. It was 29 and snowing all day here.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Gopherlongbeards

Postby Gopherlongbeards » March 18th, 2013, 11:58 pm

Great story Randy, get her out with you and keep her interested. birds beat barbies any day. I know the feeling, its a good thing I don't have a blind our I'd have it set up in the living room watching turkey videos with a nerf gun :lol: .

My SD tag came in the mail today and I got "the look" from the little lady. Later I was walking through the basement and started messing with a pot call I left down there. This resulted in look #2. figured I'd better cool it before I got a 3rd, don't want to strike out when the goal is in sight :D. I drew a 3rd season tag in WI and leftover MN tags went on sale today. I was able to pick up one for 4th season, so we're all set to go on that front. Will probably get a 5th and 6th season WI tag, one each for unit 1 and 4 to round out my spring. Hopefully this latest round of snow will be the last of any significance we see this year. Do I believe that? heck no. Do I want to? Yeah!

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » March 19th, 2013, 12:20 am

Im glad to see that I aint the only one who puts up a blind in the house. :lol: I did the same thing a few years ago when I got a new blind. My wife shook her head when I set up inside of it and started playing with the calls. :lol:
Is it turkey season yet?

misoiltester

Postby misoiltester » March 19th, 2013, 6:53 am

Nutin' like having "the comforts of home" .. when yer' doin'' some serious gettin' ready :lol:
Ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts????

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » March 19th, 2013, 8:24 am

Now, you know, you'll need at least one in every camo pattern... ;)
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » March 20th, 2013, 12:31 pm

There must be something about having to open up a blind in the house. I did the same thing. Got the same reaction too. Sometimes those hens do get to making too much noise...the one at my house does anyway.

Soon, you'll be out from under foot and gone off hunting too much, which will give the hens something else to chirp about.

Good luck this year. Turkey season's getting closer every day.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

dewey

Postby dewey » March 20th, 2013, 4:17 pm

What blind are you guys talking about :lol: Nothing like setting the blind up in the house or practicing calling to get the hens worked up. Sometimes I do it as a payback, lol. Kind of a you can drive me nuts but I know that game too. If you smell what I am cooking.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

Dixie Belle

Postby Dixie Belle » March 21st, 2013, 1:00 pm

Great looking blind you have there. All I got from the wifemate was the evil eye and a kind "harumphhh" when I set up my new "Predator" blind in the living room a couple weeks back. Go get 'em man!!!
Ted
Dixie Belle Handcrafted Turkey Calls
NWTF award winning calls
Home of the "REBEL YELPER"
Remember "The shade comes free with the tree"

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion