Team #2 2013 check in and plans

dewey

Team #2 2013 check in and plans

Postby dewey » March 18th, 2013, 4:00 pm

I know htis has kind of been done under the Base Camp thread but let's have another thead here under team #2 for everyone to check in on and tell us all about your hunting plans for this spring.

Team #2:
Dewey
Eggshell
Gouldshunter
Tom21inNM
Turkey John
ylpnfol

I have seen everyone check in already under the base camp except Tom21inNM.

Here are my hunting plans for this spring.
Kansas
April 10th-April 14th
Rio Grande turkeys with a bag limit of 2, hopeful for two

Minnesota
May 2nd-May 6th
Eastern turkeys with a bag limit of 1, hopeful for one.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

ylpnfol

Re: Team #2 2013 check in and plans

Postby ylpnfol » March 18th, 2013, 5:29 pm

I'll be hunting in va. From April 13- May 18 or until my tags run out. Good luck to all of the " Dewey's Exceptional Turkey Hunters " team....I'm just waiting for spring, snowed here last nite, brrrrr, bring on the warmth and the gobbling .....I heard my first gobble Saturday at work, presumably from the strutter in heaven or hell post....

every gun makes its own tune.....

TurkeyJohn

Postby TurkeyJohn » March 19th, 2013, 8:57 am

I'm here in Ontario, hoping for 2 easterns, our limit here. Just got 5 inches of snow last night and forecast says another 3-4 on the way. Seeing turkeys when I'm out and about, but still seem to be flocked up, should break up soon. Where I hunt, on 4 farms, the land owners are seeing lots, so I'm optimistic for a great season. Hopefully, more of a normal one. Last year, warmed up too fast, trees leafed out and the bugs came out. Made for a tough end of season, only harvested the one bird, but only limited time out too. Work is such a drag, and being a business owner even worse when you have team issues. :x

Should be better this year, can't wait.

Good luck to all my team mates on Deweys League of Extraordinary Turkey Hunters, at least, I think that's our title?? DLETH for short??

TJ
Hobby.....Is there anything other than turkey hunting??

gouldshunter

Postby gouldshunter » March 19th, 2013, 9:19 pm

Checking in from Arizona. Headed for Florida Osceola Thursday. Hate to disappoint you all but my first priority is getting my dad his bird on his last ever hunt. Looks like Florida will be the only chance I have all year to hunt. I had plans of going to hunt in New Mexico but I'm mentoring a youth hunter in Arizona the same weekend. We have an Archery hunt that starts May 10th but my friend drew a Gould's tag here in Arizona, I won't give up a Gould's hunt for nothing. If the Gould's hunt goes well I may get a day or two to hunt archery Merriam's. Good Luck to All

eggshell

Postby eggshell » March 20th, 2013, 6:30 am

I will huunt Ohio and Ky, but I cancelled South Dakota, That's a possible 4 gobblers, I fully expect 3 and hope for 4.
Bust em, Bag em, thank HIm

dewey

Postby dewey » March 21st, 2013, 7:32 am

gouldshunter wrote:Checking in from Arizona. Headed for Florida Osceola Thursday. Hate to disappoint you all but my first priority is getting my dad his bird on his last ever hunt. Looks like Florida will be the only chance I have all year to hunt. I had plans of going to hunt in New Mexico but I'm mentoring a youth hunter in Arizona the same weekend. We have an Archery hunt that starts May 10th but my friend drew a Gould's tag here in Arizona, I won't give up a Gould's hunt for nothing. If the Gould's hunt goes well I may get a day or two to hunt archery Merriam's. Good Luck to All

Hunting with your dad for possibly the last time is more important than a contest, period. Good luck on the youth hunt and the Goulds hunt. Looking forward to reading the stories and seeing the pictures.

20 days to go until ky season starts in Kansas, Wooooo Hoooooo!!!!!

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

dewey

Postby dewey » March 21st, 2013, 7:39 am

I sent a pm to tom21innm to see if he/she could come and check in. Other than he/she I think team #2 is all checked in. I sent Brian a pm last week about changing our team name as well.

Dewey

       

Tom21inNM

Postby Tom21inNM » March 23rd, 2013, 5:10 pm

FINALLY, After resetting my password who knows how many times, logging out and back in I finally got back on today. What a mess.

So we had plans to be out Scouting this weekend, But a Quick Look at NOAA's site will tell you weve got 40-50 mph winds and its going to colder then a well diggers backside. Were planning on being out next weekend, I'll make the kids cook the Ham on Sunday.

Our Season Starts the 15th a Monday, and Yes I have it off, I plan on being in the Moutnains Sunday afternoon enjoying a cold beer and Trying to Roost a few for the Morning, The Sun up its ON. The next weekend I will be out for 4 straight days trying to make sure I bag my limit of those delicous brown birds. And with the time change and ebing able to work from home and get done early I plan on being out every afternoon I can (Its a 30 minute drive to the nearest place I know Birds are) until my tags are filled.
Yeah my names Tom, guess I am a bit of a Turkey myself!

dewey

Postby dewey » March 24th, 2013, 9:40 pm

Tom21inNM wrote:Our Season Starts the 15th a Monday, and Yes I have it off, I plan on being in the Moutnains Sunday afternoon enjoying a cold beer and Trying to Roost a few for the Morning, The Sun up its ON. The next weekend I will be out for 4 straight days trying to make sure I bag my limit of those delicous brown birds. And with the time change and ebing able to work from home and get done early I plan on being out every afternoon I can (Its a 30 minute drive to the nearest place I know Birds are) until my tags are filled.

Sounds like you are definitely going be getting after them. Where you hunt are the turkeys Merriams or Rio Grande?

I am looking forward to hearing reports from everyone.

Dewey

       

Tom21inNM

Postby Tom21inNM » March 24th, 2013, 10:21 pm

Merriams is the Bird of Choice, Its rough country but insanely beautiful, I am so ready, the wind howled for the entire weekend, We checked the weather and where we were going was -7 with wind this morning, Thank god for a Hot cup of Coffee and a lving room. Headed up there next weekend though.
Yeah my names Tom, guess I am a bit of a Turkey myself!

Next

Return to Team 2