One extreme to another

charlie elk

Re: One extreme to another

Postby charlie elk » March 20th, 2013, 12:22 pm

Western WI smashed the low temp record last night- old record: 22 degrees, new record low 7 and the forecast is we'll do again today.

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm stocking up on the last season tags. Maybe the snow will be gone by May?

The youth hunt is only 15 days away; planning to take my grandson out in May instead no reason to have him endure a harsh hunt his first time out. Unless it all changes for the better fast. In that case he gets to hunt it all. Last year at this time the temps were in the 80's.
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » March 20th, 2013, 12:45 pm

Yep it's probably going to be frost mornings for a while. I got out my hand warmers and my finger muff to try and keep my fingers warm enough to run friction calls, man won't be able to feel the strikers without keeping your fingers warm :x . Looks like box calls will be the tickets for the first couple seasons, if things don't change up fast. Birds are going to be lucky if they'er broke up by first season?
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Gopherlongbeards

Postby Gopherlongbeards » March 20th, 2013, 7:01 pm

Looks like we'll get to pick up right where we left off Charlie, hunting 40-100 bird flocks in the snow...

Previous

Return to Wisconsin