Semi-Auto.....Options

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
BHC

Semi-Auto.....Options

Postby BHC » March 18th, 2013, 5:06 pm

I'm in no rush to purchase and willing to even purchase used. Looking for a 12ga. semi-auto, 3.5" chamber, nothing expensive as this will be used at times for turkey only. I know almost all the the gun makers make what I'm looking for, Browning, & Benelli are great but expensive for what I need it for. So what do you guys say? I have two Remington 11-87's 12ga & 20ga slug guns 3" chambers.

kygobbler

Re: Semi-Auto.....Options

Postby kygobbler » March 18th, 2013, 10:39 pm

Have you looked in the Winchester SX3? They only cost about $850 which is quite cheaper than some of the others on the market. I have one and wouldn't trade it for anything.

BHC

Postby BHC » March 19th, 2013, 7:12 pm

Researched the Winchester SX3 seems to be very much like the Browning, and cheaper

BHC

Postby BHC » March 20th, 2013, 4:29 pm

I looked into both the Browning and Winchester and they seem to be the same shotgun for the most part. But being that I have a great turkey shotgun (pump) I just want to get a semi-auto for turkey, I can't see spending that amount of money for a shotgun I will use once in a while.

With that said, how good is the Mossberg 935 turkey shotgun?

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » March 20th, 2013, 7:10 pm

BHC wrote:I looked into both the Browning and Winchester and they seem to be the same shotgun for the most part. But being that I have a great turkey shotgun (pump) I just want to get a semi-auto for turkey, I can't see spending that amount of money for a shotgun I will use once in a while.

With that said, how good is the Mossberg 935 turkey shotgun?

The 935 is an excellent shotgun. I've had one for a while and it works great. It's a little muzzle heavy and a little heavy overall but other than that, it's a great gun.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

BHC

Postby BHC » March 21st, 2013, 3:08 pm

Has the Mossberg 935 improved over the years? Seems the problems I have read have been dated from a few years ago

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » March 22nd, 2013, 12:18 am

If you have a 11-87, then just buy a barrel for your gun. You'd have what you need for a lot less cost. A 3" will kill just as many birds as a 3.5 will.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » March 22nd, 2013, 4:07 am

BHC wrote:Has the Mossberg 935 improved over the years? Seems the problems I have read have been dated from a few years ago

I remember reading of some problems years ago but I've not seen any negative comments about performace in quite some time. I really like the one that I have. Mine will even cycle 2.75" shells reliably. Other than being a bit heavy as I noted, it's one you may want to consider.

If you were looking at a 3" self-loader, I'd recommend you take a look at the Mossberg 930. It's a lot of gun for the money and it's also very quick.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

Return to Shooting