2nd T&TH HUNT

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
dewey

Re: 2nd T&TH HUNT

Postby dewey » January 17th, 2013, 4:28 pm

WillowRidgeCalls wrote:
kygobbler wrote:Scott just out of curiousity for out of staters. Does WI require you to have a hunters education card?

Yes they do if your born after 1973.

As a non-res. If you buy a license before the Dec 10 deadline, and your a first time buyer, your license and tag would cost you $29.75 + 5.25 + 3.00. If you buy a license after Dec. 10th, it will cost you $29.75 + 5.25 + 15.00 +3.00 to buy it online or phone.

Hunting in Wisconsin has got to be the cheapest nonresident tag out between $38 and $53 for a tag and then $15 after that :o One of these years I will get back to Wisconsin and hopefully be able to hunt with Charlie, Scott, Treerooster or any of the other guys on the forum. Just so long as I know where Scott is so I don't get hit by the Hembrook log toss, LOL!

Good luck this spring guys.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » January 17th, 2013, 5:27 pm

LOL, if I know your comin dewey I'll spray paint the logs blaze orange so you can see them flying or know where I've been. LOL
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

dewey

Postby dewey » January 17th, 2013, 11:43 pm

WillowRidgeCalls wrote:LOL, if I know your comin dewey I'll spray paint the logs blaze orange so you can see them flying or know where I've been. LOL

Lol!!! My luck I will see the blaze Orange log after it bounces off my melon. But in all seriousness I would love to hunt with a bunch of you guys someday and then sit around the campfire share some hunting stories.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » January 17th, 2013, 11:53 pm

The invite is open for ya.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

dewey

Postby dewey » January 18th, 2013, 3:39 pm

WillowRidgeCalls wrote:The invite is open for ya.

Unfortunately I only have 2 weekends of turkey hunting this spring as the wifey is expecting our second child in mid June. One is for Minnesota and the other is a hunt in Kansas for two Rio Grande turkeys that frustrated the snot out of me last year. :evil: These two are the first bad birds, per Jim Spencer, I have come across and the only thing that will make me feel better is if they take a ride in the back of my car.

Dewey

       

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » March 19th, 2013, 8:43 am

For those that are interested in joining us for the hunt, the OTC go on sale tomorrow 3/20 at 10am. The unit is Unit 3, Season D (5/1 - 5/7). There are 8,952 OTC tags for that season. With the late spring we are having the 4th season should have plenty of active birds that want to play. Last years early spring had the birds getting near the end of their activity, but this year is looking very good with the great hatch we had last spring
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Gopherlongbeards

Postby Gopherlongbeards » March 19th, 2013, 8:57 am

Wish I could join you, but will be hunting MN during that time. Maybe if we kill our birds early in MN I could run over there for a day or two :)

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » March 21st, 2013, 8:43 pm

There are still 4,041 OTC tags left for Unit 3 season D, they are on sale until the tags are sold out, you can buy 1 tag a day.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Previous

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion