Is this the end?

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
fallhunt

Is this the end?

Postby fallhunt » March 13th, 2013, 8:00 am

I read that TandTH is no more.I just renewed too.I hear we get DandDH in it's place.This is a big disapointment.If i wanted a deer mag. I would have stayed with North American Whitetail.

misoiltester

Re: Is this the end?

Postby misoiltester » March 13th, 2013, 8:22 am

fallhunt wrote:I read that TandTH is no more.I just renewed too.I hear we get DandDH in it's place.This is a big disapointment.If i wanted a deer mag. I would have stayed with North American Whitetail.

I hated to, but I called and cancelled my subscription, beause I don't deer hunt, and I didn't order D & DH ;)

Golly I'll miss those great, actual & factual, and down to earth articles :cry: I sure hope we can continuse on, the way it's been here :?:
Ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts????

turkey junky

Postby turkey junky » March 13th, 2013, 9:15 am

i sure hope that that was only a rumor like the quaker boy & mossy oak going out of biz was a few moths ago!!!???

i would also cancel a subscription if they sent me D&DH we are turkey hunters thats why we got the magazine!!!???

if it is true what a bummer what will i read & look forward to reading each winter to get me through to spring turkey season!!!??? i have been noticing the magazine was get n thinner & thinner lately so???

hope we can get back issues someday!!!

RCTaylor

Postby RCTaylor » March 13th, 2013, 12:47 pm

any body know of another turkey hunting magazine? have never looked for anything else.
Clyde

Maverick6714

Postby Maverick6714 » March 13th, 2013, 12:51 pm

Turkey Country, which is the NWTF's magazine and Turkey Talk, which is the PA NWTF's magazine.

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » March 14th, 2013, 12:58 am

Hey Maverick, how are those magazines? I know they can't replace T&TH but are they any good.
Is it turkey season yet?

Gopherlongbeards

Postby Gopherlongbeards » March 14th, 2013, 9:32 am

Turkey Country is ok. Nowhere near as much practical info or hunting stories as T&TF though. A lot of it is just news updates on what NWTF is doing around the country...

Uncle Nicky2

Postby Uncle Nicky2 » March 14th, 2013, 1:00 pm

Gopherlongbeards wrote:Turkey Country is ok. Nowhere near as much practical info or hunting stories as T&TF though. A lot of it is just news updates on what NWTF is doing around the country...

X2. Also, it's big on habitat improvement, etc....which is fine, it just doesn't really apply in my case.

Treerooster

Postby Treerooster » March 14th, 2013, 3:35 pm

Uncle Nicky2 wrote:
Gopherlongbeards wrote:Turkey Country is ok. Nowhere near as much practical info or hunting stories as T&TF though. A lot of it is just news updates on what NWTF is doing around the country...

X2. Also, it's big on habitat improvement, etc....which is fine, it just doesn't really apply in my case.

ditto
As far as this turkey thing......I know enough...to know enough...that I don't know enough

turkey junky

Postby turkey junky » March 14th, 2013, 3:51 pm

so this is the end for T&TH???? yes? no?

yes to me turkey country is really not a very good magazine more info on how to get kids in to hunting then about turkey hunting & thats fine but thy are a turkey hunting magazine for turkey hunters not everybody is a habitat manager or youth mentor...

guess ill be reading turkey books instead...

i just read a old T&TH magazine & it said something about if you type in your subscription # on your profile page that you can have access to all the magazine issues they posted on-line is that still the case??? has anybody done this as i have never did so??? maybe i can read a bunch of back issues & get me by for awhile???

can anybody say for sure that T&TH is finished for sure or not??? bummer if so!!!

it says display till 4/15 on my latest magazine so a guy can hope & wish cant he!!!??? lol

the forums & web site will be next so good to know you fellas

Next

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion