T&TH No Longer Published

The latest news from the field!
charlie elk

T&TH No Longer Published

Postby charlie elk » March 10th, 2013, 4:46 pm

Depression has set in :cry:
I did not receive my renewal notice, so I called the 800 number to renew... :cry:
Turkey and Turkey Hunting is no longer... :cry:
All remaining subscribers are going to receive D&DH magazine to finish out the time they have paid for.
If you haven't already received your letter you will shortly.

Is this site going down too? The friendly lady on the phone with me didn't know.

If you like any of the threads here, you better back them up on your own computer because we may come here one day and find a deer hunting site.

Is this another sign turkey hunting is a dying sport? :cry:
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

Treerooster

Re: T&TH No Longer Published

Postby Treerooster » March 10th, 2013, 6:53 pm

I hope this isn't true. That would be a major bummer.

T&TH is my favorite magazine, not to mention the loss of this site.
As far as this turkey thing......I know enough...to know enough...that I don't know enough

Bobbyparks

Postby Bobbyparks » March 10th, 2013, 7:24 pm

I hope it's not true either

This has been the best turkey hunters magazine published for a long time in my opinion and headed by one of the best guys in this business I've met in Brian Lovett

He connects with the everyday guy in the way he writes and the way he conducts himself in person

It would be a shame to see all this go by the wayside

And Charlie...I don't think it's a sign that turkey huntings dying...I believe it may be a sign that both the economy and media types are changing things

Don't know about T&TH but in some cases marketing dollars are not being spent in publications as in the past

More challenging to make the numbers work in today's economy and Internet age
ACME PRO STAFF
Make Every Hunt a Blast With ACME Hunting Systems

ylpnfol

Postby ylpnfol » March 10th, 2013, 8:33 pm

I sure hope its not so, a major bummer if it is,I've been a reader since it was the turkey hunter years ago and I enjoy this forum a lot I guess we'll find out for sure in the near future.... Man o man

every gun makes its own tune.....

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » March 10th, 2013, 8:48 pm

Man I hate that the magazine is gone I truely loved reading the articles and especially the "Bad Bird" stories.

Hopefully they will keep the forum up if not that is going to suck even worse. This is the first forum that I actually liked and enjoyed. It has become routine to check in everyday.

Hey Brian, can you give us some insight on this please and let us know.

ylpnfol

Postby ylpnfol » March 10th, 2013, 8:56 pm

Just got to thinking, that may explain the lack of threads for the contest.....major bummer

every gun makes its own tune.....

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » March 10th, 2013, 9:02 pm

I was thinking the same thing David. Last year Ben had them up pretty quick.

eggshell

Postby eggshell » March 10th, 2013, 10:09 pm

maybe someone will start up a new site or blog on blogspot or wordpress where we can all check in. I'm not a facebook person, but I have blogged, perhaps some one who is tech savvy will help us out...calling shamon. I will truly miss this sight. I have to admit I have not done anything to keep the magazine, I have never subscribed, actually I don't subscribe to any magazine...I consider them a waste of my money. so throw some stones at me, I have not done my part.
Bust em, Bag em, thank HIm

Brian Lovett

Postby Brian Lovett » March 11th, 2013, 8:28 am

Hi all:
Sadly, much of this is true. F+W Media has decided to discontinue publishing Turkey & Turkey Hunting. We still have one Spring 2013 issue left, which should be out in two or three weeks. The website and e-newsletter will remain. Also, F+W will publish at least one — and possibly more — Spring 2014 turkey hunting annual. Your T&TH subs will be fulfilled with D&DH.
If any of you have questions, etc., just PM me or shoot me an email at brian.lovett@fwmedia.com.
Thanks.

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » March 11th, 2013, 8:36 am

After sleeping on this turn events-
You would think this website and domain have commercial value so if the current owners decide not to keep it up someone else should/may be interested in purchasing it.
Perhaps the current owners have different business model they are planning for this site. Many paper publications are or have moved digital.
However there are not a lot of advertisers on this site compared to others so maybe this is just a cash drain.
If this site were to stay at its current quality I would be willing to subscribe for continued access. Anyone else?

Turkey and Turkey Hunting is one the last few paper magazines I subscribed to; D&DH went on Kindle and Nook about a year ago so I was hoping T&TH would do the same.

eggshell wrote:I have to admit I have not done anything to keep the magazine, I have never subscribed, actually I don't subscribe to any magazine...I consider them a waste of my money. so throw some stones at me, I have not done my part.

There is no reason to beat you up over that decision, I will hasten to add you were missing a real gem. T&TH had struck a good balance of "me & Joe" stories, how to and philosophical articles. My day was always a little brighter when a T&TH magazine was in the mailbox. I feel sorrow for those who missed out.

The authors of the magazine feel like old friends, this is in a way odd since I had never met them face to face, I feel I got to know a part of them from their writings. They have my heartfelt best wishes in all of their future endeavors.

I have a personal blog (nothing is sold or advertised) it's just a place where my thoughts meander. Anyone who cares is invited to visit http://www.charlieelk.com and for those who may want to stay in contact if this site shuts down you can reach me via the comment section.
If anyone else has a blog please post it, I would like to visit.
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

Next

Return to News from Turkey & Turkey Hunting