The DST Change

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
shaman

The DST Change

Postby shaman » March 10th, 2013, 10:53 am

I'm just in from the field. Scooter, the intern, is still correlating the data. Dang! This year was worse than any I've seen. Daylight Savings Time is so hard on the turkeys. They are always so stressed. However, this year it was much, much worse. I don't know if it is Global Warming, or The Sequestration, or Meteor in Russia. These birds were messed up.

Poor Scooter, he was trying to get temperature data from one of the gobblers, and I think he got his arm pretty well tore up. That gobbler saw that temperature probe coming and . . . Oh well, we got plenty of good data beyond that. One of these days folks are going to look back on this groundbreaking work and realize this was when the full effects of Daylight Savings Time were finally realized.

I know a lot of you have been out there helping to collect data this weekend. We're getting a lot of traffic on the Institute's FTP site as the data keeps pouring in. Thank you for all that you are doing out there. Your contribution is greatly appreciated.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
ImageImage

stankyolgobbler

Re: The DST Change

Postby stankyolgobbler » March 10th, 2013, 2:34 pm

The annual DST discussion! Love it!
-Sage Morris

I like 'em close.....I mean REAL close.

Steve_In

Re: The DST Change

Postby Steve_In » March 10th, 2013, 2:43 pm

I think DST has had a more positive effect on whitetails. The extra daylight is causing greater antler growth. More and more bucks are entered in B&C every year.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater Scrool down to the Beck buck #2 all time non-typical hunter killed. Indiana went to DST about 8 years ago and the B&C entries are up.
Steve, I love "smoked" turkey

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion