Where is everybody??

Limb Hanger

Re: Where is everybody??

Postby Limb Hanger » March 6th, 2013, 9:12 pm

Been traveling for work, and unable to respond on the forum... Drove East (from Buffalo) to Mass. on Monday and saw a few flocks of birds; a flock just past Carrier Circle in Syracuse, a flock at mm 260 or so, and a flock near the Little Falls exit. Saw a larger flock of birds off 95 in Maine today.

Retranger - I was up in your neck of the woods (kind of) a couple of weeks ago, there was a huge flock of birds in front of the Bill Boards near a Plattsburgh exit on 87.

Let's Go Sabres!!!
Meadowblaster Custom Turkey Calls

Just because he isn't gobbl'n, doesn't mean he isn't listen'n!

retranger

Postby retranger » March 7th, 2013, 8:01 am

Hanger I seem to remember you posting about the same thing last year. I haven't seen much for birds as I am in Winter Haven, Florida waiting the snow melt out. We came down the first part of February. We traveled 87 to 88 to 81. All the way to Winchester, Va and never saw a bird, in fact never saw any road kills of anything. We stayed in Va for a bit and did see one flock of a half dozen toms. Nothing so far down here
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

Limb Hanger

Postby Limb Hanger » March 7th, 2013, 8:45 am

Yep, I make the trip twice a year. I visit a account in Plattsburgh and then take the ferry to Vermont to travel over Burlington. After crossing the lake, there is an apple orchard with an open field right next to it; always birds in that field too...
Meadowblaster Custom Turkey Calls

Just because he isn't gobbl'n, doesn't mean he isn't listen'n!

JeffCrez

Postby JeffCrez » March 7th, 2013, 11:48 am

Hi fellow NY hunters, Just poked my head out from winter hibernation. I'm heading to my cabin in Otsego County as soon as the snow is gone to do some scouting. Was'nt a bad winter but still got a case of spring fever. I'm looking forward to the season and some warm weather....Jeff.
"Fall hunting is maneuvers, Spring hunting is war".......Tom Kelly

retranger

Postby retranger » March 8th, 2013, 7:51 am

My winter has been better this year,,,came to warmer climate and waiting for the snow to melt before venturing back home, hoping in time for opening day.
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

cat396

Postby cat396 » March 17th, 2013, 7:33 pm

Hey New Yorkers! It's been a long winter but I hope it coming to an end soon. I have been seeing a few large flocks of turkeys recently. I saw a flock today with the gobblers strutting their stuff trying to impress the ladies... Terry

Previous

Return to New York