Friction Call Choice

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
onpoint

Re: Friction Call Choice

Postby onpoint » March 6th, 2013, 3:08 pm

Billy White Hustling' Hen. Purple heart lid/Mahogany box in Gibson style. favorite call however is a wingbone
"Chasin' gobblers has a lot in common with dealing with a wife, 'bout the time ya' think ya' got 'em figured out, they change the rules!!!"

Uncle Nicky2

Postby Uncle Nicky2 » March 6th, 2013, 3:42 pm

The last couple friction calls I had were "Slatek", I think it's some sort of hard plastic or composite material. Nice sound, works well in damp or wet conditions.

misoiltester

Postby misoiltester » March 6th, 2013, 4:13 pm

Primarily, a Longbox, and a slate, fer' closer callin' ;)
Ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts????

grizzly

Postby grizzly » March 6th, 2013, 4:17 pm

always been a big fan of slate and most of my pot calls are but also have a couple in glass and one that always finds a place in my pack is a primos old glory in frictionate when i need to get loud and raspy it will do the trick.....wayne

Gopherlongbeards

Postby Gopherlongbeards » March 6th, 2013, 4:41 pm

I like the way bronze class sounds for hen yelps and gobbler yelps, but prefer a slate for low volume close in clucks and purring, or fighting purrs.

Dixie Belle

Postby Dixie Belle » March 6th, 2013, 5:11 pm

I guess I'm kind of old school I like the box. It's so versatile, you can yelp of course but it also clucks, purrs, cuts, tree talks, etc. Like I said it's versatile.
I carry and use a slate and scratch box as well. I've built myself a nice bronze glass I will be carrying as well.
Dixie Belle Handcrafted Turkey Calls
NWTF award winning calls
Home of the "REBEL YELPER"
Remember "The shade comes free with the tree"

TheCallDr

Postby TheCallDr » March 6th, 2013, 7:51 pm

Uncle Nicky2 wrote:The last couple friction calls I had were "Slatek", I think it's some sort of hard plastic or composite material. Nice sound, works well in damp or wet conditions.

The material is Ceramic. Sla-Tek is just a "trade name" I used because I had my own formula developed. Frictionite...... again, is just a trade name for Ceramic for Primos.

I was the first call maker to formulate and mold a ceramic disk and use it in a pot call. FYI.... Ceramic is a generic product...... so I could not patent it. I hope you found some diamond paper for your calls because it's the only thing hard enough to scratch or surface it so it does not slip on you. Primos sells a all in one tool that works.
WildTalker Game Calls
"Talk on the Wild Side"

retranger

Postby retranger » March 6th, 2013, 8:28 pm

I thought the call I was using was frictionite but guess not as I rough the surface with a piece of fine sandpaper. Any way it is primos "freak" and not glass.
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

Uncle Nicky2

Postby Uncle Nicky2 » March 6th, 2013, 9:39 pm

TheCallDr wrote:
Uncle Nicky2 wrote:The last couple friction calls I had were "Slatek", I think it's some sort of hard plastic or composite material. Nice sound, works well in damp or wet conditions.

The material is Ceramic. Sla-Tek is just a "trade name" I used because I had my own formula developed. Frictionite...... again, is just a trade name for Ceramic for Primos.

I was the first call maker to formulate and mold a ceramic disk and use it in a pot call. FYI.... Ceramic is a generic product...... so I could not patent it. I hope you found some diamond paper for your calls because it's the only thing hard enough to scratch or surface it so it does not slip on you. Primos sells a all in one tool that works.

Well then, I tip my camo hat to you sir!! You have a winner on your hands. :D

mossyoakpro

Postby mossyoakpro » March 6th, 2013, 9:50 pm

onpoint wrote:Billy White Hustling' Hen. Purple heart lid/Mahogany box in Gibson style. favorite call however is a wingbone

Hustlin Hen is hard to beat!!

PreviousNext

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion