2013 Leftover Permits

WillowRidgeCalls

Re: 2013 Leftover Permits

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » January 16th, 2013, 8:30 pm

Thanks for the info guys. With 8,952 tags available for the 4th season in unit 3 it will help the guys that are thinking about doing the T&TH Hunt. Got my card in the mail today. Can't see why the DNR couldn't let us buy the OTC tags by the middle of Feb.?
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

knesdad

Postby knesdad » March 5th, 2013, 10:18 am

Just a thought, but it would be nice if some of the extra permits could be used for kids that just passed hunter safety for the Youth Hunt in April. Maybe have an earlier purchase date for those permits. Fortunately there are enough extra permits yet for my zone and period, so I'll have to try and get one for my 11 year old daughte so we can hunt together. :D I didn't know that I could get her a WI DNR Customer Number before she took the class, otherwise I would have done that last year and applied as a group for our permits. :evil:

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » March 5th, 2013, 2:06 pm

Welcome knesdad hope you'll become a regular here.

knesdad wrote:Just a thought, but it would be nice if some of the extra permits could be used for kids that just passed hunter safety for the Youth Hunt in April.

During the youth hunt any tag no matter the season can be used by a youth to kill a turkey. The tag must be for the unit however, it can be for any time period and be used to tag a turkey April 6&7. http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/hunt/documents/ ... thhunt.pdf

If I am understanding all this correctly and I hope I am since my 10 year old grandson is hunting with me this year. He could buy a tag for the last season and use it during the April youth and reserve his earlier season tag for that season.
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

ticklishtompro

Postby ticklishtompro » March 5th, 2013, 10:31 pm

That is correct Charlie. I believe they can only fill one tag though no matter how mant tags they have. But I am not positive on that.
Ticklish Tom Custom Calls Prostaff
ttcutomcalls.webs.com
Mossy Oak Prostaff
Hips Archery Targets Prostaff
Dixieland Outdoors Prostaff

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » March 6th, 2013, 8:33 am

I think you are right ticklish on the youth weekend they can only fill one tag. After that the youth can fill any other tags they have just like we can.
To get a WDNR customer number for the mentor hunt you must call the DNR with all of the information about our mentor youth: SS, ht, wt, color eyes and hair, etc. I just completed this step for my grandson and granddaughter yesterday, you don't have to be the parent. However, for the sake of good relations the parent should be aware you are doing it for them.
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

Previous

Return to Wisconsin