camo clothing

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
retranger

camo clothing

Postby retranger » February 26th, 2013, 2:21 pm

We were discussing some camo cloths on the valentine day post. Just wondering especially you fellows in the southern states,,,,,anybody ever use the bug skizs from cabele's? I saw it in the catalog and didn't believe it would stop the bugs from biting, but I did order one and to my surprise it stopped the black flies and mosquitoes from getting to me.
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

Cut N Run

Re: camo clothing

Postby Cut N Run » February 26th, 2013, 3:15 pm

I use a Shannon Bug Tamer jacket to keep mosquitoes for biting and it works o.k.. The ThermaCell rocks! I don't know how they'd do on black flies, because we don't have them here. Permethryn works great for killing ticks, chiggers, and repelling 'skeeters. I won't hunt without my clothes being treated with it. Last year, I got one tick bite and no chigger bites last Spring, which is unheard of around here.

A buddy came here to hunt with me a couple of years ago and he had not treated his clothes first. He had dozens of chigger bites and I had none. I was walking through the weeds first too.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

bcknuts

Postby bcknuts » February 26th, 2013, 4:39 pm

Cut-N Run you by the spray Permethryn.From where I need it bad.Used to use someting in a spray can for your clothes might have been the same stuff.

retranger

Postby retranger » February 26th, 2013, 4:56 pm

I think you mentioned the Permethryn last year Jim and I checked on it found.... it in Dicks. We don't have to do any special treating our cloths in our area, about all we have to put up with is the snow and cold from Nov to Apr
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

bcknuts

Postby bcknuts » February 27th, 2013, 6:14 pm

Thanks guys found it at BasPro.

onpoint

Postby onpoint » February 27th, 2013, 8:39 pm

I use the bug skinz to keep ticks and red bugs off me when I hunt in Kansas. They do a good job. Thermocell takes care of the rest of the boogers :D
"Chasin' gobblers has a lot in common with dealing with a wife, 'bout the time ya' think ya' got 'em figured out, they change the rules!!!"

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion