Valentine's Day gift

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
Cut N Run

Re: Valentine's Day gift

Postby Cut N Run » February 25th, 2013, 4:21 pm

I remember posting the recipe here at some point. I'll do a search and see if I can fin it. If not, I'll post it again. It is made from scratch, but it is ridiculously easy and can be made without getting a bunch of dishes dirty. I'll go bump around and see what I find.

We had a recipes section on the old board that I posted it on, but I don't have a clue how to get there anymore, of if it even exists. More later.

Jeff, what matters most is that you made the time to take the time to spend with an ailing friend. I lost an 83 year old friend to brain cancer the Thanksgiving before last. I miss him a lot. I'm happy we got the time we spent together. I wish I'd met him 20 years sooner. We'd get together to swap hunting & fishing stories as we chipped rock to make arrowheads. I always gave him whatever points I made when we were together because the cancer in his brain was messing with his motor skills. It takes strength and technique to chip rock and he no longer possessed enough of either to chip rock.
The thing is that he never knew he had cancer until he was in a vehicle wreck similar to mine. The X-rays turned up a tumor in his brain that was inoperable. He went from feeling fine one day, to getting T-boned in a wreck that was someone else's fault the next day, and was given a death sentence from something unrelated to the collision the following day...then gone in less than 8 months. He was able to call a fine gobbler in for his wife to shoot not long after the wreck. He possessed a ton of woodsmanship skills and was right at home in the woods.

Sadly, dying is part of living too. Leaving here proves how much we need to enjoy every day we get and how much friends matter. We can all hope to be missed when we're gone & be a part of fond memories.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » February 25th, 2013, 4:24 pm

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=350

Here's the Teriyaki Marinade recipe. Enjoy!

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

Treerooster

Postby Treerooster » February 25th, 2013, 5:33 pm

Cut N Run wrote:http://www.turkeyandturkeyhunting.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=350

Here's the Teriyaki Marinade recipe. Enjoy!

Jim

Thanks Jim, I just happened to be looking for a teriyaki recipe. I will give it a try.

I like to marinate plucked grouse or quail in it, and then cook them on a weber with some wet alder chips thrown on the hot coals just before I put the birds on. Gives them a nice smoked flavor, very rich taste.
As far as this turkey thing......I know enough...to know enough...that I don't know enough

Previous

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion