Owl Call By Mouth

Share information about your calls and calling methods!
gooseberry

Owl Call By Mouth

Postby gooseberry » December 17th, 2012, 8:47 am

Can someone guide me to a link of a person doing an owl call by mouth so I can practice it?

Cut N Run

Re: Owl Call By Mouth

Postby Cut N Run » February 5th, 2013, 6:13 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaDV83K6D1A

Here's Wade Bourne with several locator calls. He starts with an owl call. Hope this helps.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

turkey junky

Postby turkey junky » February 13th, 2013, 2:37 pm

try to locate & watch any mossy oak videos on-line with bob walker in them he dose natural voice owl & crow calls almost as real as the animal!!

he would be on some turkey thug vids on the pursuit channel.com ??? also was on a bunch or mossy oak hunting the country & mossy oak classics they always had bob walker on at least 1-2 hunts & showing him owl/crow call with natural voice

eggshell

Postby eggshell » February 13th, 2013, 6:05 pm

I have used my voice to owl call for probably the last 30 years, but I don't have a recording of it. I think it's the volume that works for me. My buddies will often make fun of how loud I owl hoot, but when it's crunch time they always turn to me and say hoot for us. My buddy in Ky one year had some gobblers roosting in an area and we went in one morning and he suggested we stop and locate them before moving on. Well he pulled out and tried two owl hooters and one crow call and promptly stated, they're not here, I guess. At that announcement I owl hooted with my voice and 4 gobblers opened up about 150 yards in front of us, we sat down and called them right to us. After that day he won't even pull out his owl hooter, he'll just ask me to do it. I think its a good quality, but not really sure as I've never heard it recorded, all that counts is I can make turkeys gobble. So don't worry about perfection, just go for it and make it loud. Well I have to confess I once done a breeding birds survey quadrant when i worked for DNR and listened to hours of recorded owl calls for the night raptor segment. I think that got me in tune. So see if there are any bird recordings of owls online. By the end of that survey I could get more responses from owls then the recordings, I even had owls come land right by me in the woods. I used to love doing a challenge sequence and the barred owls would be dive bombing me.
Bust em, Bag em, thank HIm

turkey junky

Postby turkey junky » February 14th, 2013, 12:30 am

oh yeah i owl hoot by natural voice also like said B4 i dont record my-self but come roost time i rely on my natural voice to locate gobblers or at least to start up some real owls in the woods...

i dont know how i sound to others & i do owl hoot loud also but it works i called in 2-3 owls last season at once just B4 my cousin shoot a coyote i also called in a small family of owls B4 also last yr so they must like or not like what i say when i owl hoot??? the owls & turkeys like it so thats all that matters...

i get birds to gobble most the time by just doing the long YOU in who cooks who cooks for YOUUUUUU & i roll the YOU like a real owl would high pitch 1st part low growl the end part... my dad always laughs & says i could here you from here no matter how far i was away lol

Uncle Nicky2

Postby Uncle Nicky2 » February 15th, 2013, 6:17 am

This guy just needs a cushion, a shotgun, and a handful of shells.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVd9D9oN8Xo

Return to Calling