Counting Down

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
cahaba

Re: Counting Down

Postby cahaba » February 12th, 2013, 7:06 am

stankyolgobbler wrote:35 days untill the opener here in bama! i get butterflies thinking about it!

I'm counting the days too for the bama opener. I have been practicing all year long with my calls. One can never get to good at calling. I bought a few new Tom Teaser mouth calls and am breaking them in. It's near time to start scouting. I have a new lease this year and it is covered up in birds. My 77 year old dad hasn't turkey hunted in 12 years and he says he wants to go this year. I'm excited about that.I'm going to get a blind just for him. He can't walk very far so I figured on rainy days I would take him and set up on greenfields. I can drive him close to the blind while it's still dark and get him set up. I hope you all have a great successful and safe season.

J Hook Max

Postby J Hook Max » February 12th, 2013, 12:33 pm

I will be getting out with my Grand daughter for the Alabama youth hunt , March 9,10.
As warm as the weather has been here in South Alabama , with all the trees budding and Azaleas blooming , it is about time for turkeys to start gobbling. I will be listening on my property Friday morning before leaving for The NWTF convention in Nashville. I will not surprised if I hear one or two gobbling.

RockyMtnGobblers

Postby RockyMtnGobblers » February 12th, 2013, 3:55 pm

I'm looking forward to hunting Rios on the Colorado Plains! I've always gotten mountain birds so this will be a great new experience for me and I'll be riding a bike instead of hiking in to the turkeys.
It aint the killin it's the challenge of the Hunt.

bcknuts

Postby bcknuts » February 13th, 2013, 9:41 am

Well this year Im going to take the wife for her first turkey hunt.Hope to get her one long berd would be nice but a jake will do for her first.Wish me luck. :lol:

Treerooster

Postby Treerooster » February 13th, 2013, 11:35 am

RockyMtnGobblers wrote:I'm looking forward to hunting Rios on the Colorado Plains! I've always gotten mountain birds so this will be a great new experience for me and I'll be riding a bike instead of hiking in to the turkeys.

Where abouts are you headed on the plains?

You don't have to give me gps coordinates (although I will take those if you want to :D ) but what unit?
As far as this turkey thing......I know enough...to know enough...that I don't know enough

Previous

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion