New Member!

Introduce yourself to the forum. Say hello and give a bit about why you love turkey hunting.
cmoney20

New Member!

Postby cmoney20 » February 11th, 2013, 10:43 pm

Hey Everyone, I'm a new member, as well as new to turkey hunting. I live in Northeast Mississippi and I'm seventeen years old. I've deer hunted my whole life. My dad actually started taking me with him when I was two. And I fell in love with the woods. This spring will be my first time to turkey hunt. I've heard about how it is more addicting than deer hunting and I cant wait to try it out. If anyone has any info or tips to give a first timer, feel free to post! I'd love the help.

dewey

Re: New Member!

Postby dewey » February 11th, 2013, 11:37 pm

Welcome to the T&TH forum cmoney! As for tips I would recommend figuring out what your maximum range is and then once you get to your hunting location mark that range via stakes, branches or some other defining marker in sort of a semi circle. Once a tom walks inside that semi circle you know he is in range and no second guessing on distance is needed.

Good luck this spring.

Dewey
Last edited by dewey on February 12th, 2013, 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » February 12th, 2013, 8:43 am

Welcome to T&TH cmoney, a good bunch of hunters here to learn from. Feel free to ask any questions you have about turkey huntin.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Steve_In

Postby Steve_In » February 12th, 2013, 9:03 am

Hunt early, stay with it as long as you can. Don't worry about numbers, beard length or spur size. Learn something new each time you go out and learn from your mistakes as well as relish your success.
Be safe, no turkey is worth the burden you would carry of harming another person.
Welcome to the forum and good luck.
Steve, I love "smoked" turkey

Duke0002

Postby Duke0002 » February 12th, 2013, 12:04 pm

Welcome aboard, cmoney. Glad you're here.

ticklishtompro

Postby ticklishtompro » February 12th, 2013, 11:41 pm

Welcome to the forum, there is a lot of knowledable people on here that can help you out a great deal. Don't be afraid to ask a question, no such thing as dumb questions.
Ticklish Tom Custom Calls Prostaff
ttcutomcalls.webs.com
Mossy Oak Prostaff
Hips Archery Targets Prostaff
Dixieland Outdoors Prostaff

Return to New Members of the Forum