2013 Draw Results

arrowsonly

2013 Draw Results

Postby arrowsonly » February 7th, 2013, 7:36 am

Finally they are posted...
Yea baby, I drew my favorite time period as well. Monday thru Friday, get in on Saturday set up camp do a little scouting then sit down and do nothing for once. I have been working 6 12's for way to long.
Good luck to all my MN forum friends I cant wait it's been a while...
look em' in the eye before you give em' the shaft...
be a man hunt public land...

dewey

Re: 2013 Draw Results

Postby dewey » February 7th, 2013, 1:55 pm

arrowsonly wrote:Finally they are posted...
Yea baby, I drew my favorite time period as well. Monday thru Friday, get in on Saturday set up camp do a little scouting then sit down and do nothing for once. I have been working 6 12's for way to long.
Good luck to all my MN forum friends I cant wait it's been a while...

What zone are you hunting in for time period B?

I didn't draw a tag for 507C but there are 344 tags leftover for 507D so I am good to go.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

turkey junky

Postby turkey junky » February 7th, 2013, 2:32 pm

arrowsonly will be my neighbor down in 501 season B thats i think the only season that runs MON-FRI with no WK-ENDs to hunt ive talked to him B4 & he just sent me a PM thinking about sharing a hunt with arrowsonly as we hunt close to one another or used to hunt near by each other we know the same lands ETC. good old unit 349 season B a arrowsonly!!!

there were tags leftover so i figured if you sent in arrowsonly you got picked this season...

like i said in the PM arrowsonly we drew 6 tags for 501 B 4 in a group & 2 solo hunters all drew a tag... but looks like my brother may not make it as he will be out in the black hills the wk prior & the wife & work kinda have him handcuffed it sounds like???

congrats to all & man is it spring yet??? cant wait the mouth calls will be out soon & i will be ordering more calls & shells man cant wait till 1st WK of april ill be in OK nice & warm i hope??? then work my way north & back home with stops in KS & SD cant wait!!!

Gopherlongbeards

Postby Gopherlongbeards » February 7th, 2013, 10:15 pm

turkey junky wrote: the mouth calls will be out soon & i will be ordering more calls & shells man cant wait till 1st WK of april ill be in OK nice & warm i hope??? then work my way north & back home with stops in KS & SD cant wait!!!

I never put mine away :D time to start using all those Cabelas and Gander Mountain gift cards I stockpile at Xmas! Hope you guys have a good hunt, save a few for us eh? Didn't get drawn for A, so we'll be down there probably season D or E. north of you boys though (old unit 346).

arrowsonly

Postby arrowsonly » February 11th, 2013, 8:34 am

For once everything is falling into place; drew the tag, wife has vacation, I can't go if she is working :oops:
if mama ain't happy no one is happy; I think all of you who are "connected" know what I mean, she usually buys something big while I am gone. I might be safe this year, new furniture for the living room coming soon...
My new owner said he will make sure that I have off, knock on wood ! Saturday April 20th thru Saturday the 27th

Now the hard part, were to go ? 501B
I want to camp & hunt from the same location, most of the areas that have horse/mtn bike trails allow this as far as I know. I have been doing that off and on near Houston for years, no birds anymore & to many people...
I want to trout fish a little this year; there are lot's of small creeks near some of the WMA's in south east MN
I like my WMA near Amherst but may have a problem; I can't camp there but I have rented a small house in Harmony before, never asked any of the private land owners on the border ? Trout fishing that section of the root river is catch & release/artificial's only but it runs right through the WMA :) Now here may be a problem, I cannot shoot a regular bow any longer and use a cross bow. I do not need a cross bow permit if hunting with a gun tag but cannot hunt with a archery only tag, therefore since I want to hunt a Archery only WMA can I :?: :roll:

I called a warden directly and YES you do for turkeys...

Lot's of options help me please...
Last edited by arrowsonly on February 14th, 2013, 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

turkey junky

Postby turkey junky » February 11th, 2013, 3:35 pm

im pretty sure they maid that cross bow rule for that very purpose arrowsonly??? that rule affords for people with a gun/archery tag to hunt in places wear a gun is not legal... i think that falls in line with wear you are hunting??? the rules for that WMA say no guns are allowed from X time to Y date correct??? but late season muzzle loader they can use em there i think???

i know you can not use a cross bow with your archery only tag but the WMA dose not say you cant use a firearms tag here just a firearm it-self... so i would maybe call a WMA field manager or local game warden or any other DNR employee that knows the rules they could help more...

i would not think twice if its a archery only WMA id be there in a heart beat with my dads cross bow i still mite do that very thing???

also i would look for some RJDSF near your area & you can always camp on that land??? mite be to far from wear you want to go thow???

we are not helping the WET BARK by put n the name on-line buddy that only leads to more YAHOOS on the public lands... we should get together & hold down your old stomping grounds 1 season??? a few cars parked in the write spots keeps the decoy chasers & set up busters at bay most the times???

ill look at some stuff & see if there is a camp or something around the area for ya???

arrowsonly

Postby arrowsonly » February 18th, 2013, 8:49 am

Hello my MN friends,
Anybody out hear know Rodger, he was the superintendent of Beaver Creek Valley Sate Park forever then was transferred to Whitewater State Park for the last few years. He retired last year I believe, he is the main reason I started coming to MN over 10 years ago. He bent over backwards to make sure I found a place to hunt; he drew me maps, gave me names & phone numbers, offered me his own property and a place to stay. Minnesota Nice at it's best, I ramble on about this but over here in "Cheese Land" there is no such thing. Don't get me wrong people are friendly but not like this, in MN it's from the heart & without second thought.

I do not get much vacation time, and the best vacations in my life were in Harmony and Ely Mn.
I am trying to get in touch with him, would I be "crossing the line" by calling Beaver Creek and asking for his ph# ?
I want this vacation in MN to to be better than the my last one, and may be hard to beat...

Return to Minnesota