STILL WAITING

charlie elk

Re: STILL WAITING

Postby charlie elk » February 4th, 2013, 4:40 pm

In the last column of the landowner list the heading is LO. Does LO stand for Land Owner? Why in some cases is there a name in that column and others blank?
Well at least if you applied with landowner preference you now know you got your tag.

dewey wrote:Hey Gopher do you go a source at the MnDNR or what?

Thanks for asking Gopher that question. You triggered my memory of some the well-connected folks I know over there in MN, so I placed a couple of inquiry calls...
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » February 4th, 2013, 4:52 pm

That was quick I just heard there are some significant errors and snafus they are ironing out. They didn't say exactly what the problem was but reading "between" the lines sounds like the system drew too many for the allocated license numbers. So we can put that in the rumor department also. :(
Just my luck and hope its not an omen for the season; my number was pulled but now it might get put back in. :roll:
Or maybe just getting the bad luck out of the way early! :D
later,
charlie

Gopherlongbeards

Postby Gopherlongbeards » February 4th, 2013, 6:50 pm

dewey wrote: Hey Gopher do you go a source at the MnDNR or what?

Dewey

No, a friend of mine called into St. Paul this morning and they told him there were "issues" that would take most of the week to resolve. I suspected it was something like what Charlie described. MN should just outsource their lottery to WI and let the pros handle it ;)

dewey

Postby dewey » February 4th, 2013, 9:30 pm

I am surprised that they have problems when they do lottery drawings very year. I guess I will just have to check 25 times a day like I have been :D

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

turkey junky

Postby turkey junky » February 5th, 2013, 7:13 pm

Treerooster wrote:You guys don't know how good you have it LOL.

Colorado apps are even due until Feb 14th and results are out March 8th. Just a little over a month before the season starts on April 13th.

I actually talked to a guy at the DOW about how it doesn't give a guy much time to plan and they should move up the draw dates. He got kind of huffy with me.

man that would suck if you really really wanted to hunt your home state & also had to make plans like you & I do to hunt many other states each season treerooster...

i remember reading some article from the WIDNR that basicly said that the longer away the draw is held from opening day the more hunters dont use there tag or go hunting... so they like to try to keep the draw as close as possible to the season opener as they can with out really any interference...

i would think the longer out people knew the more would go but guess things can happen in-between the time your drawn & the time you hunt???

in MN we used to have to apply by i think it was like the WK after X-MASS or the WK B4??? now its JAN... guess that was a good idea??? no doubt this will take longer then they expected if there was a mix up what a bummer... hope they figure it out soon...

dewey

Postby dewey » February 6th, 2013, 10:08 am

The results have been posted at the link below.

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/licenses/lot ... pring.html

I was not drawn for 507C but there are 344 permits available for time period D. Time period D works good for me so as long as I can get one of those permits on March 18th I should be good to go.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » February 6th, 2013, 11:52 am

I've got 501A. :D
later,
charlie

turkey junky

Postby turkey junky » February 6th, 2013, 1:37 pm

my group drew a 501 B tag so 4 of us drew for the 3rd yr in a row now!!! the 2 yrs b4 that we drew also in a group of 4 so 6 yrs in a row now MN has picked 1 of 4 of our names man we must be lucky!!!???

you should apply in a group dewey? better odds make like a father in law wife & you group lol 3 people drawing is better odds then 1 alone? & they dont have to go if they dont hunt??? lol

my uncle drew a 501 B tag also & it looks like there was some leftovers for our hunt period so i think my brother drew a 501 B tag also so i think 6 of us drew 501 B tags this season had a good draw...

you will get a tag dewey if there is that many left over tags in your unit??? get up early & be the 1st to buy 1 on-line lol

Gopherlongbeards

Postby Gopherlongbeards » February 6th, 2013, 1:44 pm

Our group did not get drawn for 501A, looks like we will be hunting one of the OTC seasons.

dewey

Postby dewey » February 6th, 2013, 1:52 pm

turkey junky wrote:you will get a tag dewey if there is that many left over tags in your unit??? get up early & be the 1st to buy 1 on-line lol

There are 344 permits available, out of 1325, for unit 507 time period D so I will go and pick one of those up on March 18th at 5:00 p.m. So many tags available that I am not even worried aobut it.

Dewey

       

PreviousNext

Return to Minnesota