WHAT HAPPENED TO HS STRUT?

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
turkey junky

WHAT HAPPENED TO HS STRUT?

Postby turkey junky » January 17th, 2013, 4:47 pm

hey guys i had to post this after i read the mossy oak & quaker boy threads on them going out of bizz???

well my big question is what the hell happened to hs strut ??? in recent wks i have seen eddie salter matt moret alex rutlege & even ray eye all useing & or pumping call brands & companys other then HS STRUT ??? matt moret is with avian X & down n dirty game calls eddie salter is as well i think? (he also has a new show called the turkey man) alex rutlege is with hooks or some other new call company? HS basicly got rid of all there good ol southern boys ??? they kept rick white boo!!! (lost respect for rick white when he was a a MN cabelas store trying to win a amature calling contest & take a gun from the real amatures what a joke that was like he dose not have the $$$ for a new gun!!!???) & some new guy? matt moret was on there new HS strut TV show but??? alex rutlege is on bloodline TV i think? & ray eye just writes books now but dose not pump HS???

all my favs are now gone & with other companys??? i just wonder what all happened in house at HS strut??? i know the owners were not really hardcore sportsman they just maid big $$$ of real sportman threwout the years so???

if anybody has any ideas or info on what happened feel free to post it here & let us in on the secret???

kygobbler

Re: WHAT HAPPENED TO HS STRUT?

Postby kygobbler » January 17th, 2013, 9:20 pm

TJ, as far as mossy oak they didn't go out of business. They have Walls making their clothing line now instead of Russell Outdoors. As far as Down N Dirty they were offered a buyout from someone else a several months ago. I havent heard anything else about it except that they were thinking about it. I will try and get ahold of a buddy of mine who knows one of the owners and see whats up. As far as HS Strut I don't know, I havent noticed or heard of anything.
Is it turkey season yet?

RockyMtnGobblers

Postby RockyMtnGobblers » January 19th, 2013, 5:54 am

Very disappointing! Matt and Alex where always my faves they helped to make me the hunter I am today!
It aint the killin it's the challenge of the Hunt.

stankyolgobbler

Postby stankyolgobbler » January 19th, 2013, 2:06 pm

Hs strut as a company are fine. They basically have had pro staff members find their way elsewhere. Also, if you like Matt morrett then watch avian x. The show is awesome and that man is absolutely in his element
-Sage Morris

I like 'em close.....I mean REAL close.

turkey junky

Postby turkey junky » January 19th, 2013, 3:00 pm

i mentioned morrett being on AVIAN X hunting show & with DnD game calls but he also is still on the new HS STRUT TV show so???

as for HS STRUT being fine? i think they are barely get n by as of late??? they are mainly focused on stan/stu potts shooting big buck & big buck hunting... there turkey hunting game is slip n flextone DnD hooks quaker boy madd & a few others are really step n there game up while HS STRUT is lose n turkey hunting greats & let n them go with out a fight???

i went to cabelas last spring & HS STRUT only had mouth calls & slate calls no box calls no face masks witch i was looking for no gloves or vests just a few same ol mouth calls & a few slates??? they used to have the biggest selection in the store in years past especially up here in the north wear they were really big... i will go see if they put out a 2012 turkey dvd witch hs strut has for yrs & yrs??? if they dont put a new DVD out they have lost a big step...

i used to like matt morrett but he was sure looking well not to happy on the last few avian X shows he barely smiled??? i love avian X tv show i just wish i new that theme song walt gabbard is singing during most the hunts!!!???

turkey junky

Postby turkey junky » January 19th, 2013, 7:09 pm

seen matt morrett rep n zink calls also i thinks thats his new team & avian X decoys

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion