Ehtics Check: Cornfield Capers

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
Timber Chicken

RE: Ehtics Check: Cornfield Capers

Postby Timber Chicken » February 27th, 2009, 1:03 pm

As one mans signature says "just cause it's legal doesn't make it right bail out".

Bail out...
Experience is the best teacher.

turkeydoghunter

Postby turkeydoghunter » February 27th, 2009, 1:20 pm

Heeding the farmer's advice, you scurry to the tree patch the next morning
.....well i wouldnt be hunting in a dang blind and like tc said that corn wouldnt have been there ....unless the truck rolled over and i probably would have whoooooooowa owled to the birds and would have set up in another spot anyway.....and most gobblers arent interested in food they want some loving....[:D]

icdedturkes

Postby icdedturkes » February 27th, 2009, 5:37 pm

ORIGINAL: turkeydoghunter

Heeding the farmer's advice, you scurry to the tree patch the next morning
.....well i wouldnt be hunting in a dang blind and like tc said that corn wouldnt have been there ....unless the truck rolled over and i probably would have whoooooooowa owled to the birds and would have set up in another spot anyway.....and most gobblers arent interested in food they want some loving....[:D]
hens want food, gobblers want hens

chadb

Postby chadb » February 27th, 2009, 8:43 pm

talkin about luck. ive never went in before light and sit on top of a corn pile. that has to mean that bird was ment to be killed. god guided you through the dark to that corn pile. naw im just joking i probably wouldnt shoot if i was unsure about the legality of it.

turkaholic

Postby turkaholic » March 1st, 2009, 3:52 pm

C is for me. To many birds out there to play that game.
live to hunt hunt to live

dmcianfa

Postby dmcianfa » March 1st, 2009, 4:06 pm

None of these choices.

If you go to an out-of-state hunt and havn't fully read the rules and regulations and know whether or not baiting or other actions are illegal or not, then you don't belong in those state's woods anyway.  I can't believe that some people actually go on hunts to another state without fully understanding or knowing their laws.  It's incompetancy at it's best.  If you end up shooting the turkey and a CO gives you a ticket for hunting and killing over bait, then so be it, another ignorant hunter gets what he deserves.  Everyone makes their own bed and subsequently should sleep in it.  Being lazy is no excuse for not respecting the laws of the land.  Read up before you cross state lines, that's my answer. 
"After eating an entire moose, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut."

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » March 5th, 2009, 6:07 am

C, even if it is legal, it's unethical.
Brad

"Without hunting there would be no conservation, without conservation there would be no wildlife."
-Rob Keck

longspur

Postby longspur » March 5th, 2009, 7:00 am

I would have to also say E, none of the above. Like most of you said, I wouldn't set up there just because the farmer said there was a blind there. Get him to shock gobble on the roost, evaluate your situation, then take action. Also that was a bad situation, because the corn would, A. have been eaten, or B. rotten. If it was a fresh pile of corn, I would have left and set up somewhere else. -Kevin

tracebusta32

Postby tracebusta32 » March 5th, 2009, 7:29 am

Good to see you back OHhunter, it's been awhile
Malachi 4:5-6
My Brother: WMB

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » March 5th, 2009, 9:59 am

Thanks, glad to be back.
Brad

"Without hunting there would be no conservation, without conservation there would be no wildlife."
-Rob Keck

PreviousNext

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion