2013 Goals

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
WillowRidgeCalls

2013 Goals

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » January 16th, 2013, 2:03 am

Has anyone set a Goal for themselves this year?
I'm going way out on a limb. Going to see if I can fill 4 tags, all on public land birds, starting the 3rd season, in less than 15 hours total hunt time. I know CRAZY :lol: .
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

kygobbler

Re: 2013 Goals

Postby kygobbler » January 16th, 2013, 2:12 am

My goal for this year is taking 6, maybe 7, kids turkey hunting this spring and getting all of them a turkey and 2 for myself. Our season is only 23 days so its going to be rather difficult but hopefully doable if the stars line up right.
Is it turkey season yet?

dewey

Postby dewey » January 16th, 2013, 11:12 am

kygobbler wrote:My goal for this year is taking 6, maybe 7, kids turkey hunting this spring and getting all of them a turkey and 2 for myself. Our season is only 23 days so its going to be rather difficult but hopefully doable if the stars line up right.

Good luck on your great goal of getting the kids their turkeys and good luck on yours as well.

My number one goal is to have safe and fun turkey hunts. My second goal this spring is to harvest two mature Rio Grande gobblers from Kansas and then harvest a gobbler here in Minnesota. I really hope I can blast those two Twin Rio's that gave me fits last spring. :evil: If those twins thought I was persistant last year they haven't seen anything yet.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

Gopherlongbeards

Postby Gopherlongbeards » January 16th, 2013, 11:31 am

I'll be taking a friend of mine out for his first turkey hunt, Hope to get him a bird. Also, will be my Dad's second season, hope to get him his first bird as well. Other than that, wouldn't mind filling my MN and SD tags, had tag soup in both last year :lol:

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » January 16th, 2013, 11:46 am

My goal is always to tag out on (2) mature gobblers. I hope to get one with the crossbow this year off public land. Considering that I didn't even get a single mature gobbler in range last year, reaching my goal is not as easy as it once may have seemed.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

Tom21inNM

Postby Tom21inNM » January 16th, 2013, 12:16 pm

We can only harvest 2 here on NM, so thats my goal, but after that. It will be to get my nephew on one also!
Yeah my names Tom, guess I am a bit of a Turkey myself!

turkey junky

Postby turkey junky » January 16th, 2013, 12:56 pm

got a few goals this season im taking my younger cousin on a turkey hunting trip/tour lol he wants to get a rio grande gobbler & a merriams if he can i have created a monster i think i got him into turkey hunting now hes doing it on his own & killing birds last year he rolled a few birds & had to eat a tag sandwich but thats good he had to many EZ hunts now he knows how it feels lol... but would like him to get a KS RIO & a SD merriams he would be amped!!!

another goal is for my father & i 2 finally punch a SD turkey tag on a merriams gobbler we never been to SD but have wanted to for yrs...
i also have to get the old man a OK RIO this yr so thats as goal i guess...

1 other goal is for me to tone down the amount of calling i do once i locate & set up on a gobbler to work to the gun... i never use a slate & i will do that more this yr & use more purrs guess thats what i mean by tone it down...

turkey junky

Postby turkey junky » January 16th, 2013, 5:29 pm

i also would love to get 3 mature gobblers of the 4 sub species this year all taken on public land i have done that B4 but 1 bird is always a jake or i take my MN bird on private land... lol i cant make it to FL this season or i would say i want the single season public land slam but i will go for that if i get 3 of 4 i will be kicking my self all fall & winter if i do that...

grizzly

Postby grizzly » January 16th, 2013, 6:08 pm

i made my own wingbone call over the winter so now it's practiice practice pratice till i get it sounding like it should by spring .i think it would be neat to take a tom with a call i made myself . also planning to take off some time to get more days in the woods...wayne

merocustomcalls

Postby merocustomcalls » January 16th, 2013, 7:53 pm

Hoping to complete my Grand Slam in Florida, there's 7 of us going and 5 of us are looking for out first slam. Then back home in WI to finally call in a bird for my fiance.
Last edited by merocustomcalls on January 16th, 2013, 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion