If...

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
Bobbyparks

Re: If...

Postby Bobbyparks » January 4th, 2013, 4:51 pm

During the Spring for sure but my delima would be between the following:

Hunt the Eastern mainly because thats the one that gives most of us the most trouble....and has the best gobble

If I chose this.............I'd hunt him with a shotgun with a requirement that he enter within a 20 yard circle before I shot....and I'd probably not put shells in my gun until the season was almost over

OR:

Hunt the Merriams in Wyoming, South Dekota, Montana, or New Mexico so I could experience the beautiful ground they walk on while hunting.

It would be the same rules...got to be close in and near the end of the season.

Although government regulation is way out of control in my opinion.....they take and waste our money...regulate every possible aspect and pretty much control our lives...and we take it........but putting a tight limit on turkey harvest would prove beyond doubt that its rebellion time......got to have our priorities straight and draw the line somewhere :D
ACME PRO STAFF
Make Every Hunt a Blast With ACME Hunting Systems

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » January 7th, 2013, 5:18 pm

Bobbyparks wrote:Although government regulation is way out of control in my opinion.....they take and waste our money...regulate every possible aspect and pretty much control our lives...and we take it........but putting a tight limit on turkey harvest would prove beyond doubt that its rebellion time....

Yeah, right if the Feds takeover, we're so screwed... In the spirit of Mahatma Gandhi my message to the Feds would be-
catch me if you can.
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

STEROIDCHICKEN

Postby STEROIDCHICKEN » January 10th, 2013, 10:08 am

My hunt would probably be in the Bluegrass state of Kentucky.....something majestic about that place I love so much. I would be totting my Mossberg 835 or my Mathews Z7 Xtreme.
Ronnie Smith's Outdoor Adventure Prostaff and Cameraman

cahaba

Postby cahaba » January 15th, 2013, 1:54 am

I would hunt with a camera till spring and I would hunt where I do now in Alabama. I would use my SX3 Winchester as the weapon of choice. I would also be very selective on what gobbler I would take. In other words he would need to be sporting a rope and hopefully be a limbhanger.

Previous

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion