Fall Harvest

charlie elk

Fall Harvest

Postby charlie elk » January 4th, 2013, 11:43 am

Preliminary fall harvest as of Dec 12 is 5500 registered turkeys this is about a 1% increase over 2011. This is still well below the recommended harvest of 20,000 fall birds. Final numbers will out within a couple of weeks. As well as the draft management plan to followed by one more turkey task force meeting then off to the WDNR rule committee, then the CC and may be voted on during the spring hearings.
My guess, the earliest change will take place fall of 2015 with some kind of a per hunter limit, no drawing with all tags OTC.
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

Treerooster

Re: Fall Harvest

Postby Treerooster » January 4th, 2013, 3:46 pm

charlie elk wrote:
My guess, the earliest change will take place fall of 2015 with some kind of a per hunter limit, no drawing with all tags OTC.

Is this your guess for the fall season or both spring & fall with no draw.

Always appreciate you keeping us poated on the changes in Wis Charlie. Thanks!
As far as this turkey thing......I know enough...to know enough...that I don't know enough

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » January 5th, 2013, 11:20 am

Treerooster wrote:Is this your guess for the fall season or both spring & fall with no draw.

My guess for the fall season, at this time it appears there are no changes planned for spring structure.
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

Gopherlongbeards

Postby Gopherlongbeards » January 5th, 2013, 3:25 pm

charlie elk wrote:My guess, the earliest change will take place fall of 2015 with some kind of a per hunter limit, no drawing with all tags OTC.

Wish they would just leave the structure as is. The current system seems to be working well for all involved. Oh well, at least one more fall of turkey hunter's paradise.

Return to Wisconsin