TruGlo open red dot Sight

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
bcknuts
 
Posts: 190
Joined: February 19th, 2012, 7:44 am
Location: Sarasota Fl

TruGlo open red dot Sight

Postby bcknuts » December 19th, 2012, 8:22 am

Hello Y'all .Ben a while with deer season and all.Glad to be back here reading all the good info u have.I have a question has anybody tried these new open sights red or green dot.Like the TruGlo Dual Color open red-dot sight.Not the scope type.Hollograhic type.Thank you

User avatar
allaboutshooting
 
Posts: 1414
Joined: April 8th, 2008, 11:47 am
Location: Southern Illinois, U.S.A.

Re: TruGlo open red dot Sight

Postby allaboutshooting » December 19th, 2012, 8:01 pm

bcknuts wrote:Hello Y'all .Ben a while with deer season and all.Glad to be back here reading all the good info u have.I have a question has anybody tried these new open sights red or green dot.Like the TruGlo Dual Color open red-dot sight.Not the scope type.Hollograhic type.Thank you


Yes. I've tried several of the TRUGLO open sights. They all work well, hold their zero and are reasonably priced.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

icdedturkes
 
Posts: 443
Joined: January 28th, 2009, 8:54 pm

Re: TruGlo open red dot Sight

Postby icdedturkes » December 21st, 2012, 5:05 pm

http://truglo.com/IW_Products.m4p.pvx?;MULTI_ITEM_SUBMIT

I put the above one on my girlfriends 20g 870 last year and was not pleased whatsover.. We discovered it would not hold POI and even with fresh batteries was dim on bright days.

Conversely I have a cheap Tru glo 40 mm red dot and this gun has been thrown after misses, dropped, crawled and has never shifted POI in like 6 years.

User avatar
allaboutshooting
 
Posts: 1414
Joined: April 8th, 2008, 11:47 am
Location: Southern Illinois, U.S.A.

Re: TruGlo open red dot Sight

Postby allaboutshooting » December 22nd, 2012, 6:43 pm

icdedturkes wrote:http://truglo.com/IW_Products.m4p.pvx?;MULTI_ITEM_SUBMIT

I put the above one on my girlfriends 20g 870 last year and was not pleased whatsover.. We discovered it would not hold POI and even with fresh batteries was dim on bright days.

Conversely I have a cheap Tru glo 40 mm red dot and this gun has been thrown after misses, dropped, crawled and has never shifted POI in like 6 years.


Which model gave you the problems? That link did not take me to a sight.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

icdedturkes
 
Posts: 443
Joined: January 28th, 2009, 8:54 pm

Re: TruGlo open red dot Sight

Postby icdedturkes » December 24th, 2012, 9:01 am

Clark the newer one, the tru brite I believe it is called.

User avatar
allaboutshooting
 
Posts: 1414
Joined: April 8th, 2008, 11:47 am
Location: Southern Illinois, U.S.A.

Re: TruGlo open red dot Sight

Postby allaboutshooting » December 24th, 2012, 11:42 am

icdedturkes wrote:Clark the newer one, the tru brite I believe it is called.


Thank you. I appreciate the information. Were you able to get it replaced?

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

User avatar
allaboutshooting
 
Posts: 1414
Joined: April 8th, 2008, 11:47 am
Location: Southern Illinois, U.S.A.

Re: TruGlo open red dot Sight

Postby allaboutshooting » December 31st, 2012, 4:43 pm

allaboutshooting wrote:
icdedturkes wrote:Clark the newer one, the tru brite I believe it is called.


Thank you. I appreciate the information. Were you able to get it replaced?

Thanks,
Clark


Truglo has an excellent warranty program and I know they want you to be satisfifed with your purchase.

I do have one of the Tru-Brite sights on my SSi-ONE currently. I don't shoot that gun a lot but often use it to evaluate chokes and loads with a short-barreled .775 bore Mossberg barrel. It's held up so far and held zero.

Please let me know if I can be of any help to you with yours.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

bcknuts
 
Posts: 190
Joined: February 19th, 2012, 7:44 am
Location: Sarasota Fl

Re: TruGlo open red dot Sight

Postby bcknuts » January 5th, 2013, 6:03 pm

Thank you Clark .just looking to try something new.Maybe something like buris speed beed or bushnell holo sight.Something to be used on running birds.Thanks again Clark

User avatar
allaboutshooting
 
Posts: 1414
Joined: April 8th, 2008, 11:47 am
Location: Southern Illinois, U.S.A.

Re: TruGlo open red dot Sight

Postby allaboutshooting » January 6th, 2013, 5:53 pm

bcknuts wrote:Thank you Clark .just looking to try something new.Maybe something like buris speed beed or bushnell holo sight.Something to be used on running birds.Thanks again Clark


You're welcome. Both the SpeedBead and Bushnell Holo sight are great products. I've used both in the past and they work very well. I especially like the SpeedBead mount.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."


Return to Shooting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests