Podcast ideas

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
shaman

Podcast ideas

Postby shaman » December 31st, 2012, 10:33 am

I've got some new sound equipment showing up this next week. I hope to be doing more podcasts this year. Which brings up a question: What would y'all like to hear?

More sounds from the turkey woods?
More hunts?
The ramblings of a 30-year+ turkey hunter?
Life around Turkey Camp?
How to stuff?

I know a bunch of y'all were listening last spring, but I never got an idea of what y'all were really looking for.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
ImageImage

WillowRidgeCalls

Re: Podcast ideas

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » December 31st, 2012, 12:43 pm

shaman wrote:I've got some new sound equipment showing up this next week. I hope to be doing more podcasts this year. Which brings up a question: What would y'all like to hear?

More sounds from the turkey woods?
More hunts?
The ramblings of a 30-year+ turkey hunter?
Life around Turkey Camp?
How to stuff?

I know a bunch of y'all were listening last spring, but I never got an idea of what y'all were really looking for.

I like the more sounds from the turkey woods, with what you've tried and what's worked and what hasn't for you. I think it gives our newer and older hunters a chance to see or hear something they may not have thought of trying or wondered about?
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Dixie Belle

Postby Dixie Belle » December 31st, 2012, 2:21 pm

I think the turkey sounds would be great. I also like the "ramblings of an old turkey hunter". That would be very entertaining.
Ted
Dixie Belle Handcrafted Turkey Calls
NWTF award winning calls
Home of the "REBEL YELPER"
Remember "The shade comes free with the tree"

Duke0002

Postby Duke0002 » January 2nd, 2013, 12:57 pm

All of your suggestions sound good to me. I especially enjoyed the turkey hunts with your commentary right up to the shot. Play by play description takes me right there with you.

shaman

Postby shaman » January 2nd, 2013, 2:19 pm

You know , it's funny. However I got so used to talking my sons through their hunts that it was not a big leap to keep it up when I did the podcasts. It's amazing how much of it a normally skittish turkey will take too. As long as you keep it fairly soft, turkeys do not seem to mind human speech. There can be a 20lb bird walking right at you, and you're hissing at your kid "Take the Shot!!! Take the Shot!!!"-- the gobbler just keeps right on coming. So much for turkey intelligence. Hunting with SuperCore is especially like this. He is hearing impaired, and everything you say to him has to be cranked up a notch or three to get it across.
ImageImage

shaman

Postby shaman » January 5th, 2013, 1:45 pm

Well, I got my first podcast up. Yes, it is the ramblings of an old turkey hunter.

Of Buffalo and Old Krauts

I hope y'all like it. I recorded a bunch of material this morning, so I'll have more up shortly.

BTW: I now have a page that lists all my podcasts to date. Most are about turkeys and turkey hunting.
shamanic podcast page
ImageImage

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion