2013 Spring Hunt Contest Sign-Up

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
Gobblerman

2013 Spring Hunt Contest Sign-Up

Postby Gobblerman » December 27th, 2012, 10:16 pm

Here we go again everybody! The spring hunts are just around the corner and we might as well start the fun!

For those of you that are new to this: What are we talking about? ....It's the T&TH Forum members spring gobbler team hunt contest!!
To get things rolling along, we are going to go ahead and start registering participants. First and foremost, the contest is "just for fun"! There are no prizes,...unless you consider being able to needle your buddies for a while to be a prize.

Everybody that wants to participate in the contest should sign up under this thread. The final day for signing up will be February 28th. Teams will be determined shortly thereafter. Total number of teams and team members per team will be based on the total number of participants we end up with.

First thing....Just like last year, every entrant must agree to participate within the spirit of the contest by agreeing to the oath as follows:
Oath of Ethics and Participation: I understand that this contest is completely on the honor system. I agree to compete fairly and ethically in the contest. Further, I pledge to participate fully in the contest and accurately and truly report the results of my hunting this spring . By signing up for the contest, I agree to abide by the Oath.

If you can't abide by the oath, don't enter the contest! If you get all fired up and enter the contest and then disappear on us before the end, we have a special "task force" that will come hunt you down! :D

This is how the contest works:
The number of teams and number of team members on each team will be determined by the number of forum members that sign-up; Teams will be determined mostly at random, but with some consideration for the experience and expectation of success of those that sign up to play. We want to have a mix of experienced hunters that will likely kill one gobbler (or more) combined with less experienced hunters that may not be as likely to harvest a gobbler.
The sign-up information will be used to categorize each entrant in the contest so that we can create teams of approximately equal experience and expectation of success. After all the entrants have been categorized, the teams will be chosen randomly from within each category as much as possible.

Scoring:
a) the winning team will be determined first of all by the total number of team members on each team that kill a gobbler. For example, if a team consists of ten members and each team member kills a gobbler and no other team accomplishes that, then that team is the winner.
b) First tie-breaker....if two or more teams tie, then the winning team will be determined by the total number of mature gobblers in each teams score from the above (jakes killed will be subtracted from the team score)
c) Second tie-breaker...if two or more teams tie in the first tie-breaker, then the winner will be determined by the total number of gobblers (jakes and mature) killed by each team during the season. (each team adds up the total number of gobblers killed by team members for the season)

It would be nice to have everybody post photos of their birds, and we would like to see a single thread where everybody posts pictures if they can get it done. However, picture posting is not a requirement. Please try to take good pictures to post...recommendations...clean the bird up, smooth the feathers, respectful pose with good background, hunter smiling, take in the sun (if possible) to show feather coloration, etc.

The contest will run until everybody who is participating in the contest is finished hunting this spring. I suspect the final tally will be made around the 1st of June, or thereabouts.

If anybody has any questions about any of this, feel free to ask.

Most importantly,....have fun, and hunt safely and ethically!

Good Luck to everybody!

Jim

Sign-up information needed: (this information will be used to aid in placement of team members)
1) Your forum name
2) Your location and subspecies of turkey you will be hunting this spring
3) Your estimation of your hunting experience: beginner, some experience, very experienced (choose one)
4) Your estimation as to how many gobblers you think you will harvest this spring: 0, 1, 2-3, 4 or more (choose one)

dewey

Re: 2013 Spring Hunt Contest Sign-Up

Postby dewey » December 27th, 2012, 10:53 pm

Thanks for spear heading this contest again this year Gobblerman!

1) Dewey
2) Minnesota - Eastern (hopefully 1 with a bag limit of 1)
Kansas - Rio Grande (hopefully 2 with a bag limit of 2)
3) Some experience
4) Hopefully harvest 2-3

Dewey
Last edited by dewey on December 27th, 2012, 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

Gopherlongbeards

Postby Gopherlongbeards » December 27th, 2012, 10:59 pm

1) Gopherlongbeards

2) Minnesota: easterns
Wisconsin: easterns
South Dakota: merriams

3) experienced

4) 2-3 gobblers

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » December 28th, 2012, 12:39 am

WillowRidgeCalls
Wisconsin easterns
Very Experienced
2-5 birds
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Uncle Nicky2

Postby Uncle Nicky2 » December 28th, 2012, 4:21 am

Uncle Nicky 2
Easterns- GA, TN, AL, NY, PA
Experienced
4 birds

shaman

Postby shaman » December 28th, 2012, 6:16 am

Okay. I'm in.
Sign-up information needed: (this information will be used to aid in placement of team members)
1) shaman
2) Easterns in The Trans-Bluegrass region of Kentucky-- SW Bracken County
3) Oh, I'm very experienced. It has not been all good experiences
4) 2
Last edited by shaman on December 28th, 2012, 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
ImageImage

misoiltester

Postby misoiltester » December 28th, 2012, 7:14 am

1. Soiltester
2. Ocellated.. Yukatan, Eastern.. Michigan
3. Experienced
4. 2-3
Ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts????

Chief Many Longbeards

Postby Chief Many Longbeards » December 28th, 2012, 11:36 am

Chief Many Longbeards
Easterns in Illinois
Very experienced

misoiltester

Postby misoiltester » December 28th, 2012, 6:15 pm

misoiltester wrote:1. Soiltester
2. Ocellated.. Yukatan, Eastern.. Michigan
3. Experienced
4. 2-3

Well.. I may get lucky, here in SC also :roll: Roll the dice :lol:
Ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts????

ticklishtompro

Postby ticklishtompro » December 28th, 2012, 7:42 pm

I am in

1. Ticklishtompro

2. Wisconsin Easterns

3. I have many expeiences also! :lol:

4. 2 to 3 gobblers depending on how many tags!!
Ticklish Tom Custom Calls Prostaff
ttcutomcalls.webs.com
Mossy Oak Prostaff
Hips Archery Targets Prostaff
Dixieland Outdoors Prostaff

Next

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion