Passed down to you!

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
swpatrkyhunter

Passed down to you!

Postby swpatrkyhunter » March 2nd, 2009, 9:52 am

For alot of us here hunting is something that has been passed down from Father to son. Along with that guns and other family heirlooms are passed as well. For me I have a single shot shotgun, hunting jacket, knives, and a 30.-06 that were pased down to me from my Grandfather. Also alot of knowledge. What are some of the things that have been passed down to you that you cherish?
If it gobbles,runs on gas, or is married to you it will give you trouble!

Ozarks Hillbilly

RE: Passed down to you!

Postby Ozarks Hillbilly » March 2nd, 2009, 11:08 am

I have a two cedar box calls my father made, his old side by side bird gun along with lots and lots of good memories and lessons learned.
These Ozark Mountains Ain't High But The Hollers Sure Are Deep

trkynut54

Postby trkynut54 » March 2nd, 2009, 12:31 pm

I have an old 303 British Carbine that was my Grandfathers. He always used it in deer season and got quite a few deer with it. 
Don't hunt harder hunt smarter

J Hook Max

Postby J Hook Max » March 2nd, 2009, 2:53 pm

I have a double barrel L.C. Smith from my grandfather that he bought used in 1914.I don't know how old it is.I also have my dad's old Lynch box call made in 1958.Last Christmas,my cousin gave me a treebark jacket that belonged to my late uncle.He was very special to me and was with me when I killed my first turkey back in the early 70's.

mark hay

Postby mark hay » March 2nd, 2009, 10:51 pm

MANY FINE MEMORIES , FROM MANY FINE HUNTS .

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » March 3rd, 2009, 2:59 am

My father didn't hunt, but both grandfathers did. I got a 16 ga. pump Ranger shotgun (1910 or so) and a well used K-bar skinning knife from one, a recurve bow and a 20 ga. Remington 870 with a 5 digit serial number from the other.  Both saw the hunter in me and would take me fishing, shooting, or walking in the woods & fields whenever I would visit.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

thundrchikin

Postby thundrchikin » March 3rd, 2009, 4:34 am

I have a model 514 Rem. 22 that was passed from my grandfather to my father and now me.I am currently using it with 22 shorts to get my Brittany pup introduced to guns and noise.So far so good.
canecreekcalls.com

wordbird

Postby wordbird » March 3rd, 2009, 5:40 am

My first gun was passed down from my dad and it was his first gun as well. It is a "Volunteer" .410 that is now about 90 years old. It has since been passed through my younger brother, my son and now my grandson has it. I also have a JC Higgins side by side 16 that was my dad's. As mentioned by others, I have numerous precious memories of hunts with my dad and granddad. I still hunt my granddad's old place and cherish every day that I get to do that.
"The only absolute in turkey hunting is that there are no absolutes."

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion