2nd T&TH HUNT

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
WillowRidgeCalls

Re: 2nd T&TH HUNT

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » November 24th, 2012, 8:59 pm

Just thought I'd bring this back to the top.
The deadline for sending in for the spring draw is December 10th, if you wanted to send in for the draw, otherwise you can get a OTC tag for the 4th season.
The Hunt will be the 4th season May 1 - May 7, season D, unit 3.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Chief Many Longbeards

Postby Chief Many Longbeards » November 25th, 2012, 10:25 am

can non-residents buy OTC permits?
i'd think about coming up for the hunt (it's a little over 4 hours to montello), depending on how my illinois permits line up and there aren't too many license hoops for an out-of-stater to jump through.

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » November 25th, 2012, 10:52 am

Chief Many Longbeards wrote:can non-residents buy OTC permits?
i'd think about coming up for the hunt (it's a little over 4 hours to montello), depending on how my illinois permits line up and there aren't too many license hoops for an out-of-stater to jump through.

Yes they can. Most of the guys last year bought the OTC tags. The extra tags for non-res. are $15 and your license are $65. you get one tag with your license.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

simpzenith

Postby simpzenith » December 1st, 2012, 11:39 pm

For any of you considering coming from out of state for this hunt, keep this in mind. Wisconsin is the most liberal in the country for bag limits. It will cost you a little over $80 for your license and first tag. You can then purchase 1 additional tag per day until the leftover tags run out for $15 each. You could theoretically be in possession of dozens of tags during the 4th season and shoot a whole flock in one day, although I wouldn't promote that sort of thing. There's a reason for the liberal limit: Wisconsin is eat up with turkeys. If you want to enjoy some great hunting with a great group of like minded people, then this is a hunt you don't want to miss. I certainly won't! :)
2014 MN State & Iowa State Open Champion
http://www.CallingAllTurkeys.com

Moore

Postby Moore » December 2nd, 2012, 12:46 am

would love to go but may be in sd that time

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » December 2nd, 2012, 10:45 am

simpzenith wrote:For any of you considering coming from out of state for this hunt, keep this in mind. Wisconsin is the most liberal in the country for bag limits. It will cost you a little over $80 for your license and first tag. You can then purchase 1 additional tag per day until the leftover tags run out for $15 each. You could theoretically be in possession of dozens of tags during the 4th season and shoot a whole flock in one day, although I wouldn't promote that sort of thing. There's a reason for the liberal limit: Wisconsin is eat up with turkeys. If you want to enjoy some great hunting with a great group of like minded people, then this is a hunt you don't want to miss. I certainly won't! :)

I think they have made some changes to that Shane, looking at the DNR site for the cost of Spring Turkey license/tags for Non Residents are....

Spring App. (Dec 10)...$3.00
*Turkey Stamp....$5.25
*Turkey Stamp (10-11yo)...$4.50
*Spring License....$60.00
*Spring License (10-11yo)...$7.00
*Spring License First Time Buyer...$29.75
Spring Permit (after the draw)...$15.00

If you are a hunter from another state and this is your first time hunting turkey in WI. your license cost you $29.75, instead of $60.00. I called the DNR to clarify that, and it is $29.75 for a First Time Buyer, if you have not purchased that license within the past 10 years.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » December 3rd, 2012, 6:24 am

Scott just out of curiousity for out of staters. Does WI require you to have a hunters education card?
Is it turkey season yet?

Gopherlongbeards

Postby Gopherlongbeards » December 3rd, 2012, 9:26 am

Yes, they require a hunters safety ID if you were born after 1973

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » December 3rd, 2012, 1:34 pm

kygobbler wrote:Scott just out of curiousity for out of staters. Does WI require you to have a hunters education card?

Yes they do if your born after 1973.

As a non-res. If you buy a license before the Dec 10 deadline, and your a first time buyer, your license and tag would cost you $29.75 + 5.25 + 3.00. If you buy a license after Dec. 10th, it will cost you $29.75 + 5.25 + 15.00 +3.00 to buy it online or phone.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » January 15th, 2013, 8:09 pm

The 2013 OTC Spring Tags go on sale Wednesday, March 20, 10:00am, Unit 3 season D for anybody thinking of joining us for the hunt. There are 8,952 tags left over.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

PreviousNext

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion