Hogs getting brave

retranger

Hogs getting brave

Postby retranger » November 8th, 2012, 9:14 pm

Saw on the news today Wayne that the hogs are getting brave down your way. :o :o I haven't heard anything about ours up here lately. I was down and got some apples at the orchard in Peru late spring and at that time DEC had stated they had trapped all but a couple, the woman at the orchard said that was ##%^&*^% they were in their strawberries big time. :evil: Need more apples for apple sauce so I will find out how they are doing then :roll:
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

grizzly

Re: Hogs getting brave

Postby grizzly » November 9th, 2012, 4:00 am

yes Doug there has been many reports of the damage they have caused. i'm afraid that pigs are here to stay so we'll just have to deal with them and enjoy pig roasts . on another note talking to some trapping buddies and my own observions the coyotes seem to be alot bigger lately . when deer season is out of the way i'll see about cutting down there numbers....wayne

retranger

Postby retranger » December 1st, 2012, 8:27 am

Stopped by the orchard in Peru yesterday for apples. The hogs are still there. The woman that waited on us said a fellow had stopped there a while ago and had 6 in the back of his truck. Guess the DEC isn't that good at trapping hogs. :lol: :lol:
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

grizzly

Postby grizzly » December 1st, 2012, 4:05 pm

Doug lets face it the DEC is never going to solve the problem by trapping they're here to stay and i can only hope we as hunters can keep them in check....wayne

Steve_In

Postby Steve_In » December 1st, 2012, 7:49 pm

There was a sow that got loose where I used to deer hunt. She had a litter and man did they tear things up. By the end of deer season none were left. :D That hog gone wild is some good eating :lol: A .50 round ball does a good job when placed between the eyes at 1600 FPS :mrgreen:
Steve, I love "smoked" turkey

Return to New York