game carts

Discussions not related to turkey hunting and clean humor
ylpnfol

game carts

Postby ylpnfol » November 25th, 2012, 9:24 am

on monday i was successful at procuring an average sized buck for the freezer, by the time i dragged it 250 yds [min.] back to the jeep, it turned into the largest buck known to man [ at least 1000 lbs...wheww!!!], i'm not gettn any younger, so i've got to come up w/ a plan, don't really want to pull around a 4 wheeler [ or buy one for that matter ], was thinking about gettn a game cart, saw a couple at bass pro site, 20" tires, i can cut a path, but the terrain isn't level by a long shot, was wondering if anyone has any experience with one, pros/cons etc...thanks for any input

every gun makes its own tune.....

WillowRidgeCalls

Re: game carts

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » November 25th, 2012, 3:01 pm

I've used one for the last 20 years, and wouldn't hunt without it anymore. The new ones that they make now fold up and the wheels come off, so it's much easier to get into a jeep or SUV size truck. They work great for hauling deer out, even the smaller size 16" wheeled ones work good. I hunt alone most of the time and dragging a deer out is tough, by the time you get it dragged out your to wore out to lift it into your truck. With these haulers it doesn't take much more than just walking out of the woods, you can go over trees, up hill, down hill, makes no differance. I've hauled deer out of marshes, woods, fields, plowed ground. I've had a lot of guys call me up to bring it down to drag out their deer. They are worth every penny you spend on one, once you've used one.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

ylpnfol

Re: game carts

Postby ylpnfol » November 25th, 2012, 5:27 pm

thanks scott, thats quite an endorsement, and what i was very much hoping to hear....i too hunt alone most of the time, and gettn that deer to the jeep wasn't much fun, guess i'll have to start collecting some bottles to get some cash ;) thanks again

every gun makes its own tune.....

Return to Off Topic