3 soft touches

Do you create your own turkey calls? This is the place for you. Share techniques, offer tips and post photos of your creations.
WillowRidgeCalls

3 soft touches

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » November 15th, 2012, 4:09 pm

Just finished these 3 soft touches. The walnut call on the right is going to Scoot for hunting and competition calling, it's a plain glass call. The cedar call is a bronze glass call and the walnut on the left is going to my nephew for hunting, it's a slate call.
Thanks for looking, Scott
Attachments
Soft Touch 3.jpg
Soft Touch 3.jpg (35.89 KiB) Viewed 493 times
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Duke0002

Re: 3 soft touches

Postby Duke0002 » November 16th, 2012, 9:49 am

Beautiful work. Best wishes to the new owners.

eggshell

Postby eggshell » November 16th, 2012, 10:45 am

For competition or hunting I'm sure they'll be happy with your calls Scott. I am partial to the slate myself. I think I'm going to name the slate you sent me last year Strychnine as it is an instant killer. Yesterday I went out with my best turkey hunting buddy to try and help him fill his tag, he'd been struggling to kill a bird. We got on a flock of birds and after an hour of talking they would not drift in. So we busted the flock and waited. I could not get but one response from any bird and it was probably a 20 bird flock. That response was an old hen so I charged her and sent her flying off the hill. A half hour later i was puzzled as to why we couldn't fire up birds, because I knew we had a good bust. so I dug around and pulled out that slate call and gave a soft kee kee and followed with a soft purr. Instantly we got a cluck then a kee run and I answered with running yelps and purrs. Suddenly the woods was alive and birds were descending on us from all directions. The first to arrive was a nice plump jake and my partner dispatched him. On the shot I hit the call with a kee kee run and purr and a bird answered. soon they were all calling again and coming. Within the next 20 minutes 12 birds of various ages were walking around or had passed by us. since we only get one tag in Ohio all we could do was sit and watch and have fun messin with them. That is by far the sweetest friction call I have ever held....Thanks Scott.
Bust em, Bag em, thank HIm

Dixie Belle

Postby Dixie Belle » November 17th, 2012, 1:09 pm

Those are three really nice calls Scott. I'm sure Scoot's will knock 'em dead in the woods and in competition! :D
Ted
Dixie Belle Handcrafted Turkey Calls
NWTF award winning calls
Home of the "REBEL YELPER"
Remember "The shade comes free with the tree"

Return to Call Makers