My mail box suffered a hit and run....

Support for hopelessly addicted turkey call collectors
paboxcall

My mail box suffered a hit and run....

Postby paboxcall » February 18th, 2011, 4:52 am

Don't you just love opening the mail box and find one of these red, white and blue cardboard boxes?   

This is gonna be good....

Can't wait to get to this step, huh??, like a kid on Christmas morning...

Oh boy -- Look what Al & Josh Shoemaker sent me...This little gem is Peruvian walnut, with a black walnut base, American holly sound board, and a kwila striker.

I asked Al if he could build a scratcher that sounds like an older hen, something with attitude.  Let me say, this scratch box rolls over nicely to give excellent yelps with great rasp at the end, purrs ever so sweet, clucks so pure and subtle, and cutts with authority.  Its got soft and quiet and loud and nasty all rolled into one.  Just what I hoped for.

This is my first chance to see in person the quality craftsmanship that Al and Josh build into their calls.  It is a beautiful call, these pictures simply do not so this call the justice it deserves.  Quality -- job #1 for these guys.  Thanks for delivering in a really big way.
"So much of this business of hunting turkeys, you stupid it up right at the last.
You do everything right for an hour and a half, and then you sit down here
and there's nothing you can do about it, you made a mistake."
Tom Kelly, [i]Turkey Tales

Turkeybuster

RE: My mail box suffered a hit and run....

Postby Turkeybuster » February 18th, 2011, 2:53 pm

John any call you get from SS. Custom calls will be full of turkey they just know to put the sound in them. Congrats. on a nice scratcher.

Jon
Turkeybuster

Return to Call Collecting