strikers

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
Moore

strikers

Postby Moore » October 25th, 2012, 10:21 pm

what kind of tipe do you guys like on your strikers.The reason I ask I just order some new strikers for a custom call maker and he asked if would like to try a flare tip. I'm used to straight tip,just want to know the difference in running. Scott aka Willowridge what is your take on it bud

WillowRidgeCalls

Re: strikers

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » October 25th, 2012, 11:03 pm

I prefer a straight tip peg with a cue tip end. The mushroom tips play easy and are more uniformed for the playing surface for the average or new player. When I play, I roll my striker from the flat tip onto the curved edge of the tip, but that's just me. I like them for doing the cutts, they produce a nice sharp loud cutt, and I've never been able to get that with a mushroom tip striker? All though some guys can, it depends on how you play?
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

alvanorichie

Postby alvanorichie » October 31st, 2012, 11:43 am

Do you hunt from the ground or up higher like in a platform/in a tree? What time of day is best to hunt turkey in indiana?

Moore

Postby Moore » November 1st, 2012, 9:59 pm

alvanorichie wrote:Do you hunt from the ground or up higher like in a platform/in a tree? What time of day is best to hunt turkey in indiana?

I take it you are new to turkeying hunting, on the gound

Steve_In

Postby Steve_In » November 2nd, 2012, 7:58 am

What time of day is best to hunt turkey in indiana?

I like to spend all day in the woods if possible. I prefer the last half of the season, you get to hear gobblers on the roost and later in the morning you will hear them when the hens have gone to nest. We can hunt all day in Indiana.
Steve, I love "smoked" turkey

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion