Hurricane Sandy

Discussions not related to turkey hunting and clean humor
BluMtnGobbler

Hurricane Sandy

Postby BluMtnGobbler » October 28th, 2012, 7:04 pm

To all you guys that are going to be affected by hurricane sandy stay safe!
Brian

Cut N Run

Re: Hurricane Sandy

Postby Cut N Run » October 30th, 2012, 12:37 pm

I hope everyone came through Sandy in good shape. A strong breeze & rain for several days is all we experienced here. It didn't hit us as hard as other places though.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

BluMtnGobbler

Postby BluMtnGobbler » October 30th, 2012, 5:36 pm

I live in ne Pa and I got lucky. Power stayed on, windy and some rain lots of trees down. Other than that we are all ok. My thoughts and prayers go out to those less fortunate.
Brian

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » October 30th, 2012, 9:56 pm

Glad to hear you're good Brian. We get our share of hurricanes through North Carolina. Until you've had one put the fear in you, there's almost no way to comprehend it. Tornadoes are terrifying & destructive as anything, but they only last a short time and affect a relatively small area. A hurricane just keeps coming at you for hours of wind with rain and can even spawn tornadoes of their own to damage whole regions. Add in sea surge and it is the true definition of the term natural disaster. Unfortunately, Sandy hit an area where a lot of people don't have much experience with that type of storm. Who is ever totally prepared to handle mother nature's fury anyway? I feel for how many people's lives got turned upside down from Sandy.

I hope Jon (Turkeybuster) in Harrisburg came through it O.K..

Natural disasters can happen to any one of us. Don't forget to help out if you get the chance. A few dollars or supplies can help our neighbors make it through the worst times.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

Aidennas

Postby Aidennas » November 26th, 2012, 7:25 am

Hurricane sandy was the worst storm in the history of USA and i hope and wish all effected peoples should be safe.

jacklance

Postby jacklance » December 18th, 2012, 10:47 am

I'm amazed at the devastation and damage Sandy impacted on the East Coast, given the storm made landfall as a weak Cat 1--and quickly went down to a Tropical Storm. Either the TV media is doing an award winning hype job or it's embarrassingly evident that pretty much all of the East Coast never put up levee protections and/or built building structures to code specs for hurricane or high wind impact storms.
Anyways, People survived, so Hurricane Sandy won't wipe out all life. Stay Safe Always.

Return to Off Topic