whats a boy to do

Discuss turkey hunting's "second season" here
ylpnfol

whats a boy to do

Postby ylpnfol » October 29th, 2012, 9:07 am

today was supposed to be my first day of fall turkey hunting, miss sandy said not so fast, tho i probably could have gone [ just some wind and lite rain ], i elected to err on the side of safety, hopefully she'll pull outta here in time to get out tomorrow eve, hope everyone in the path of this storm stays safe and comes out w/ minimal impact.....
David

You never know, unless you go

mark hay

Re: whats a boy to do

Postby mark hay » October 29th, 2012, 1:53 pm

I surely is a miserable afair , to say the least . I feel sorry for those folks on the eastern seaboard , and West Virginny where they are saying possible 2 foot of snow and blizzard conditions . WHeeoow !

My buddy Jon called me yesterday evening to inform me on the turkeys he had just seen down at the cabin . 2 groups . 4 birds in one out in a field and 10 or more in the other right at the cabin . I should have went to the woods then but thought I'd wait till this morning and try to get them right off the roost . But , she is one nasty day .
I too am chompin' the bit to get out there ,,,,it's simply a lot more enjoyable when it ain't blowing rain 25 MPH.

Steve_In

Postby Steve_In » October 29th, 2012, 3:39 pm

Would the turkeys roost on the ground or maybe just not as high in such a wind? We are on the fringe of Sandy way over here in NE Indiana. She sure is one big storm!
Steve, I love "smoked" turkey

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » October 29th, 2012, 6:28 pm

I hear you about the wind this weekend and today were awfull but surprisingly fun. The birds responded very well. Even with the wind blowing in the 20 to 25 mph the birds still roosted in the top of the trees. I guess the rocking motion helps them sleep better. :D Good luck to ya on the east coast.
Is it turkey season yet?

mark hay

Postby mark hay » October 30th, 2012, 2:31 pm

Ain't been too many days like this one, in October anyway . At least here in southern ohio. Got up to find just over an inch of snow on the ground . But , we have not had the 40-50mph that was in the forecast.

Return to Fall Hunting